Short term pain for long term gain! In order to achieve what other’s haven’t you must be willing to make sacrifices that others won’t. Unfortunately in the beginning these are short term pain. Every successful fitness transformation requires short term painful sacrifices that really make the major difference in long term success. TOP tips for surviving the FIRST 21 days of fitness!!!! 1. Hitting The Snooze Button– Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive through or sugar packed breakfast bars. 2. Exercising In The Morning- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:) 3. Pack Your Lunch– If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) 4. Starting A Fitness Program– Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truely believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:)) 5. Switching Your Food Choices– Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!! 6. Cooking And Grocery Shopping- Yes cooking is a short term pain with long term gains. I know many claim they have limited culinary skills. Another short term pain is cleaning the kitchen and grocery shopping. To look and feel your best I can guarantee you that eating out for your meals will produce NO results of lean sculpted body. Take the extra time and experiment with herbs and spices. Also I highly recommend the cookbook Eating For Life and TasteofMai.blogspot.com for creative healthy recipes. 7. Fear– Yes FEAR is our #1 killer of long term gains in fitness! Many fear the fact of failure in fitness. It is much easier to use fear as an obstacle to keep you from reaching your potential. Many fear of looking out of place in the gym environment. I highly recommend the group setting of fitness boot camps, group x classes, and also seeking the guidance of a qualified personal trainer. REMEMBER everyone no matter how experienced they are in fitness has felt the fear of the new gym environment. This fear is a short term pain for long term gains.Share it!
SO Many AMAZING Changes Have Happened At Good Life Fitness Since 2010!! NOW Good Fitness On 84th Highway 2 Has Been OPEN 1 Year!!! WOW Amazing To See The Overwhelming Response From The Members As The 2nd Location Has Been Open! To Help Celebrate Our 1 Year Anniversary For Good Life Fitness SE And We Are Coming To 9 Years Of Being Open On 3rd Van Dorn We Are Having A Special Week At Good Life Fitness!!!! We Are Having a FREE Fitness Classes All Week At BOTH Good Life Fitness Locations!! COME Choose From OVER 160 Fitness Boot Camp/Group Fitness Classes A Week!! NEW Boot Camp Formats, NEW Spinning, NEW 2nd Facility, NEW Indoor/Outdoor Astro Turf, NEW Rowing Machines, Indoor/Outdoor Child Care!! January 2018 Will Be Your BEST Year Ever!! Bring Family, Friends, Neighbors, And Anyone Who Is Wanting To Look And Feel Their Best!!! This Week Is For Everyone Including:
- All PAST Members Of Good Life Fitness Who Might Have Moved OR Want To See The NEW Facility Or Classes Being Offered
- All PAST Guest Pass Members Of Good Life Fitness
- All Current Members Looking To Change Up The Routine For MAXIMUM Results
With the New Year's HERE and fitness is on the minds of EVERYONE!! Making the best decision for your fitness success can sometimes be very stressful. Millions of people will search for personal trainers in studio and in home, join health clubs, and seek the assistance of nutritionist. When shopping for health clubs, boot camps/group fitness programs, and programs that are offered just for a short time frame of 6 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks here are a few questions to consider to help you make the best decision.
- Does the club have month/month memberships? Does The RATE Increase On You YEARLY?!?
- Does the club have 1 year ,2 year OR 3 memberships options? -
- Does the club have sneaky sales promotion to get you in the door to learn it was NOT what you thought?
- Does the club have first/last month dues up front? Does the club have YEARLY improvement fees
- Does the club have high pressure sales with commission driven sales people? Do they call you daily/weekly/monthly?
- Does the club have scenarios if you join now we will waive your initiation fees and other dues only if you join the FIRST day?
- Does the club have hidden facility fees?
- Does the club have cancellation fees?
- Does the club allow children on the weight room floor under 12?
- Does the club allow its members to go shirt less and shoes are not required? Does the club allow members to drop barbells and dumbbells?
- Does the club have the hours available for you and for the child care?
- Does the club have FREE child care?
- Does your club have child care?
- Does your club have lockers/showers?
- Does your club offer enough group fitness or fitness boot camp classes to work for your schedule?
Support Local Business This Saturday!!! Gift Certificates Are Available!!! With An Overwhelming Response We Have EXTENDED Our HUGE Black Friday Specials To EXTEND Through Sunday At 8p.m. At Both Good Life Fitness Locations!! At Good Life Fitness We Are HONORED To Assist Lincoln And Neighboring Communities And Are Proud Members Of The Lincoln Chamber Of Commerce!! Did You Know That Good Life Fitness Is A Locally Owned And Operated Business Where The Owners Live In Lincoln And Are In The Gyms Everyday!!! We Pride On Being Voted The #1 Health Club In Lincoln, In Nebraska, And Voted TOP 50 Gyms In America!! Support Your Local Business This Saturday!!! Share it!
A HUGE Thank You To All Of The Members Of Good Life Fitness For Their Dedication, Passion And Bringing Their "A" Games To Get Better Every Single Day With One Meal, One Workout, One Day At A Time!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You To Our Amazing Managers Christy Johnson Glf Ryan Wright Glf Jen Imus And To The ENTIRE Staff For Their Dedication To Helping The Members And The Community Of Lincoln And Surrounding Areas With Achieving Long Term Health And Fitness Success!!! A HUGE Honor To Receive This Award....Thank You For Choosing Your Locally Owned And Operated Good Life Fitness💪
Dedicated To Your Fitness Success! Dave, Jason, Steve And The Entire Staff AweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesomeShare it!
So many people often ask "what should I do before I workout?". Well....check out the instructors at Good Life Fitness as they reveal their favorite PRE workout nutrition. If you have any questions please schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation.
- Greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. – Christy Johnson
- My go-to is 1 slice whole wheat toast & 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter-Lee Johnson
- Egg whites with 2 eggs. Topped with some salsa and avocado – Brittany Funk
- Just have protein powder in almond milk. – Leah Sveen
- Hard boiled egg, toast with peanut butter, protein bar, or a protein shake an hour before.- Megan Henderson
- Hour or so before is Greek Yogurt and an apple –Katelyn Stevens
- Protein energy balls or a hard boiled egg- Lexee Kuhlman
- Spoonful of peanut butter & half a banana or 2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese. - Amanda Swyers
- 1 Scoop Of Vanilla Protein In 12oz Of Coffee- Steve Auxier
- 3 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 strips turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tbsp all natural almond butter, blue berries- Ryan Wright