Join thousands of others who have transformed their lives!! Starting in February is the 6th annual Good Life Fitness “Sprint” transformation challenge!! Call Good Life Fitness at (402)434-4444 or stop into Good Life Fitness for more information.
The BIG 5 year anniversary of Good Life Fitness happened January 19th!! Yes it is hard to believe that it has been 5 years!! We are HONORED to assist so many wonderful members and their families on their fitness journey!! In the last 5 years I truly believe we have made great strides in helping Lincoln and surrounding communities become a healthier place! We would like to thank our staff for all of their hard work, dedication, and endless hours of assisting members. We would also like to thank the members!! YES the members and their success with one meal and one workout is our #1 goal. Thank you all for giving us the opportunity to assist you all:)
Yours in health,
Good Life Fitness
At Good Life Fitness we are truly HONORED to assist so many people on their fitness journey! It bring great joy to assist those that protect our safety every single day! We at Good Life Fitness are HONORED to have received an citizen certificate of Merit award!! Thank you again to all who make sacrifices daily for our safety and our freedom.
These awards are held twice a year and serve as a graduation for current LPD trainees, as well as an awards ceremony for efforts from civilians and officers that have bettered the community. Awards were given out such as Life Saving Awards, Citizen Certificates of Merit, Exceptional Duty Awards, Life Saving Awards, and Meritorious Conduct Awards.
Some of the stories that stood out for awards were – a lifesaving award, awarded to an officer who responded to a call with an unresponsive woman and immediately started doing CPR, after many minutes of CPR, LFR arrived and took over and the woman survived. Life Saving Award, awarded to a family whose husband/father jumped into a pool and was paralyzed upon impact, the wife and daughter jumped in after him. They were unable to free him completely from the pool but indeed saved his life. A Citizen Certificate of Merit, awarded to a gas station clerk who reviewed tapes from her store and educated all of her employees on a thief, their efforts led to his arrest. An Exception Duty Award, awarded to an officer and his partner who responded to a call where a mother had locked herself into a bathroom while her distraught child had one knife held to his neck and one in his hand. With the calmness of the officers and their teamwork they were able to calm the teenager down and no one was injured. And a Citizen Certificate of Merit to Steve Auxier//Good Life Fitness, awarded for his efforts in helping LPD and city employees improve their health and work performance with the 100 day challenges organized and completed with the help of GLF staff.
Being recognized for our efforts in making not only our community, but those who protect our community healthier and fitter at an honorable awards ceremony is something we are very proud of!! Our combined efforts and dedication to our members and community have been recognized and we commend you for always giving your best while you are at work. Thanks for being part of the best team in Lincoln!
I would like to thank my staff and everyone involved in the extra effort of changing peoples lives with ONE MEAL, ONE WORKOUT, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!
Good Life Fitness
With the New Year right around the corner fitness is on the minds of EVERYONE!! Making the best decision for your fitness success can sometimes be very stressful. Millions of people will search for personal trainers in studio and in home, join health clubs, and seek the assistance of nutritionist. When shopping for health clubs, boot camps/group fitness programs, and programs that are offered just for a short time frame of 6 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks here are a few questions to consider to help you make the best decision.
- Does the club have month/month memberships?
- Does the club have 1 year or 2 year memberships options?
- Does the club have sneaky sales promotions?
- Does the club have first/last month dues up front?
- Does the club have high pressure sales with commission driven sales people?
- Does the club have scenarios if you join now we will waive your initiation fees and other dues?
- Does the club have specials every other week and all the members are paying different rates?
- Does the club have hidden facility fees?
- Does the club have cancellation fees?
- Does the club have membership fees so low that the weight room is jam packed?
- Does the club allow children on the weight room floor?
- Does the club have members who leave weights on the machines?
- Does the club allow its members to go shirt less and shoes are not required?
- Does the club have towel service fees?
- Does the club have the hours available for you and for the child care?
- Does the club have FREE child care?
- Does your club have child care?
- Does your club have lockers/showers?
- Does your club offer enough group fitness or fitness boot camp classes to work for your schedule?
- Does your club have hours of operation for you just in case you are not able to make it to a scheduled class?
When searching for a qualified fitness professional to assist you with your fitness journey here are a few questions to ask before making your decision. These are questions that are often overlooked when seeking for in home or studio personal training.
- How many years of personal training have you had?
- Do you any before/after photos of your clients success?
- Have you taken college courses or have a degree in related field?
- Do you do this part time or full time?
- Do you have an updated personal training certification?
- Do you have personal liability insurance
When searching for the right fitness boot camp/group fitness program for you.
- Does the program have a start and end date?
- Does the program offer any nutritional guidance from a qualified fitness professional
- Does the instructors have an updated personal training certification?
- Does the program offer enough flexible times throughout the week?
- Does the program offer child care?
- Does the program offer showers/lockers
- Does the program offer other fitness activities to prevent fitness plateaus?
- Is the program affordable for what you receive in services?
To look and feel your best you must train with the best. Please let us know if we can assist with your fitness goals.
Good Life FitnessShare it!
CONGRATULATIONS to Kendra Thiem on her fitness success and AMAZING transformation in ONLY 12 weeks!!! Kendra decided to do this contest for two reasons. One, she has twin three years that have an endless amount of energy, and she was finding herself too tired after work to be able to keep up with them. Kendra works full time as a Physicians Assistant for Dr David Samani. Kendra was carrying an extra twenty pounds and it was literally weighing her down, and was not able to be the mom that her children deserved. The second reason for doing the challenge is she is a very competitive person and found it to be a very good challenge to keep her on track. Kendra had done other transformation challenges before but never for this long. She mentioned they were more like fad diets that did not teach long term, healthy eating that could be maintained after the challenge was over. Kendra found with the “shred” nutrition plan that she did not have to cut out one particular food but just learn when and what to eat to follow the plan.
Kendra’s results were AMAZING in such a short amount of time!! At the half way mark Kendra dropped 5# of bodyweight and 3 inches from her hips but she didn’t stop there. The final numbers were incredible with a total of 29# of bodyweight and a whopping 6 inches from her waist!!!
Kendra used several tools to help her succeed along the way. For nutrition Kendra met with Lauren who custom designed her nutrition program and used www.myfitnesspal.com to track her macro’s. Another key was attending boot camp and group fitness classes to maximize her results for the amount of time she committed to. Another important factor that has helped so many succeed is writing their workouts down and receiving a signature for accountability.
SUPER proud of Kendra on her dedication to fitness and her ongoing journey to get better with ONE MEAL, ONE WORKOUT, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!
A quick Google search of “weight loss” yields…wait for it…24,500,000 results. 24,500,000!! There are millions of mixed messages out there that we have to sort through. It’s overwhelming, it’s frustrating, it’s defeating. Take the frustration out of weight loss. Stop looking for the quickest fix, the magical pill, the perfect meal replacement shake. These short-term “solutions” will only leave you disappointed. Want to know how to lose weight and keep it off?
1.) Make small lifestyle changes.
2.) Don’t change too many behaviors at once, one change at a time.
3.) STOP RESTRICTING YOUR CALORIES TOO MUCH. I cannot emphasize this one enough, eating only 800-1200 calories a day will not work. NOT EVER.
4.) Eat more fruits and vegetables!
5.) Move your body. Whether it’s a little or a lot, get some extra physical activity each day.
6.) Make friends, find a support system to hold you accountable. You need a group of people to pick you up when you fall down.
7.) Know your worth, and want the best for yourself. Stay informed, stay grounded. Believe that you can do it!
As the New Year is approaching fitness is on the minds of so many!!! Good Life Fitness is EXCITED to offer FREE lunch/learn educational topics to help motivate and encourage companies with their wellness goals!! Call (402)434-4444 or send Steve an email at Steve@goodlifefit.com for more information.