Support Local Business This Saturday!!! Gift Certificates Are Available!!! With An Overwhelming Response We Have EXTENDED Our HUGE Black Friday Specials To EXTEND Through Sunday At 8p.m. At Both Good Life Fitness Locations!! At Good Life Fitness We Are HONORED To Assist Lincoln And Neighboring Communities And Are Proud Members Of The Lincoln Chamber Of Commerce!! Did You Know That Good Life Fitness Is A Locally Owned And Operated Business Where The Owners Live In Lincoln And Are In The Gyms Everyday!!! We Pride On Being Voted The #1 Health Club In Lincoln, In Nebraska, And Voted TOP 50 Gyms In America!! Support Your Local Business This Saturday!!! Share it!
Good Life Fitness Rev XX Was A HUGE Success!!! An AWESOME Turnout Of The MOST Dedicated Members In The Universe!!! GREAT Job To All!!! Yes The 1st Annual Rev XX Boot Camp/Spin Class Was A Ton Of FUN!!! Thank You To Jen Lund And Our Entire Staff PLUS Our AWEEEEEEEEEEEEESOME Members For Making This Day A Fun Success!!!!! Share it!
Looking at various studies on obesity, the researchers found several common factors among those who were successful in maintaining their weight loss long term. Check out these top 3 tips.
- Limiting T.V Screen Time- I often hear I do not have enough time to exercise...but funny thing is they can recite the current sit-com show to you. With T.V comes snacking and mindless eating...BE CAREFUL:) The average American population spends 3 hours a day watching T.V. Try and replace this time by taking a walk or going to the gym..
- Maintaining Consistency- Our bodies are creatures of habit. Staying consistent on your daily caloric intake and maintaining consistency with their workouts and nutrition was key. There is no "falling off the wagon".
- Weight Training- The secret is "muscle". Yes NOT huge bulk but muscle. The key for long term bone health, metabolism health, and successful weight management is preserving your muscle. It is the armor of your future success. Exercising with weight a minimum of 3 x week.
So many people often ask "what should I do before I workout?". Well....check out the instructors at Good Life Fitness as they reveal their favorite PRE workout nutrition. If you have any questions please schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation.
- Greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. – Christy Johnson
- My go-to is 1 slice whole wheat toast & 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter-Lee Johnson
- Egg whites with 2 eggs. Topped with some salsa and avocado – Brittany Funk
- Just have protein powder in almond milk. – Leah Sveen
- Hard boiled egg, toast with peanut butter, protein bar, or a protein shake an hour before.- Megan Henderson
- Hour or so before is Greek Yogurt and an apple –Katelyn Stevens
- Protein energy balls or a hard boiled egg- Lexee Kuhlman
- Spoonful of peanut butter & half a banana or 2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese. - Amanda Swyers
- 1 Scoop Of Vanilla Protein In 12oz Of Coffee- Steve Auxier
- 3 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 strips turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tbsp all natural almond butter, blue berries- Ryan Wright
FREE Tanning With All Memberships Is NOW Available With Our HUGE Back To School Membership Specials!! Good Life Fitness Prides On Being Locally Owned/Operated!!! All Specials Include The Following
- UNLIMITED Access To Both Good Life Fitness Locations
- UNLIMITED Tanning
- FREE Child Care
- HUGE Cardio/Weight Room
- HUGE Women's ONLY Fitness Room
- FULL Lockers/Showers/Sauna's
- OVER 90 Pieces Of Cardiovascular Equipment
- NO Contracts
- NO High Pressure Sales
- NO 1, 2 or 3 Year Contracts
- NO Sneaky Sales Gimmicks
Today's AWESOMESAUCE Award goes out to Kim Dillon! " Good Life Fitness has been a big part of my life since 2011 and I'm always proud to tell people I workout there. In 2007, I received the amazing gift of life with a kidney & pancreas transplant because of complications I suffered from Type 1 diabetes. After the transplant, like with every step forward, I was taking 203 steps back with health issues. I kept fighting because I had been given a second chance at life and needed to keep my donated organs as healthy as possible. I joined GLF and started walking on the treadmill. Ended up walking next to Steven Auxier one day and told him I was thinking about walking the Lincoln half marathon. He encouraged me to sign up for the marathon training class offered through the gym. I never thought I could walk a half marathon, let alone run one! Three Lincoln halfs later, I think I need to thank Steve for that little encouraging talk back in January 2012. He and the staff have continued to encourage me through my fitness journey. Hands down, my biggest supporter has been Bryant Travis. He was given quite the challenge when I signed up to train with him a few years ago. With age and the daily dose of prednisone because of the transplant, I knew I needed to take care of my bones. He took all of my limitations and continued ailments and worked them into a program that has made me stronger. He knows when he can push me a little harder or when my body can't handle any more. He is brilliant at what he does and makes it enjoyable at the same time. I always look forward to my workouts with Bryant and feel so grateful for what he has done for me. I remember when I joined GLF, I mentioned to a friend that I liked the diversity of fitness levels and age groups of the members. The staff was so friendly and encouraged me to stick with it. That remains true today. GLF got me moving in the right direction and with their help, I'm hoping my donated organs continue working for a very long time! Share it!
DO YOU FEEL BLOATED? HOW TO AVOID EXCESSIVE WATER RETENTION
Do you commonly walk around feeling like a bloated Sponge Bob Square Pants? Have you noticed that you can bounce around 3-6 pounds per day? Are you dreading putting the bikini on or taking the shirt off at the pool this summer?!? Have you ever noticed one day you feel EXTRA lean and then some days you feel FLUFFY?!? This is very FRUSTRATING!! I highly recommend that you seek the assistance of our fat loss specialist at Good Life Fitness that will custom make your “Shred” nutrition program to help you look and feel your best for Spring:)) Here are some Summertime tips to help you better understand water retention and how to prevent it. Our body acts very much like Sponge Bob. If you consume small amounts of water, it is very similar to taking a few drops of water and pouring it on a sponge. What happens? That dehydrated sponge will hold onto that water therefore causing you to look and feel bloated especially in the midsection. Now if you take a fully saturated sponge and pour a gallon of water on it the sponge will absorb it and then overflow the remaining amount. The common thinking is to restrict your water to lose weight, but what happens is the body perceives it and the signal is transmitted saying that you better retain it not knowing when the next water is coming again. This is what makes us feel bloated! Many people commonly will take water pills, detox pills, or other natural herbs trying to alleviate this water retention. These supplements are only a QUICK FIX to a problem that can be cured with proper hydration, water intake, and most important nutrition consistency! When you are bloated you are actually dehydrated. When you have the urge to drink water this is a sign of the first stage of dehydration. Have you ever noticed that all body builders carry a milk jug of water around and they are lean, muscular, and full of energy. Over 70% of America’s population are walking around chronically dehydrated. How much water should I drink per day? I usually recommend first the following equation. Take your bodyweight/2.2. If you are doing that then your bodyweight x .66 = oz of water per day. Try adding lemon to your water. Common foods to avoid are dairy products ( cottage cheese), flour, excessive bread consumption, high amounts of cereals, frozen meals, lunch meat, salsa’s, spaghetti sauces, canned vegetables and soups, excessive caffeine, alcohol, fast food, chips, and pretzels. There are foods that have properties to help alleviate water retention. Try and incorporate white fish, spinach, and asparagus to help with excessive water retention!! Another important factor is to not eliminate carbohydrates from your diet…this will cause more problems down the road. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM!!!Share it!