Short term pain for long term gain! In order to achieve what other’s haven’t you must be willing to make sacrifices that others won’t. Unfortunately in the beginning these are short term pain. Every successful fitness transformation requires short term painful sacrifices that really make the major difference in long term success. With the winter months approaching I have 6 obstacles that you must overcome daily:) Here are the Top 6 obstacles to overcome daily! 1. Hitting The Snooze Button– Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars. 2. Exercising at 5a.m- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:) 3. Pack your lunch– If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) At Good Life Fitness we have several avenues to help you. We have the “Shred” food available and also the “Shred” food exchange program!! 4. Starting a fitness program– Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truely believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:)) 5. Switching your food choices– Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Win the battle with your mind. Ask yourself is this a want or a need? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!! 6. Comfort Foods– Our bodies since the beginning of time have been programmed to store fat for survival! Be aware as the cold weather approaches that our bodies are preparing for the winter conditions. The days are getting shorter and your body will start a hibernation mode…food storage and more sleep!! Try to choose soups that are low sodium broth based versus cream style. Increase your green tea to help stabilize blood sugar and to fight off the sugar cravings! BONUS:) Form your support system of friends, co-workers! Let other know your fitness goals and they will hold you accountable! Fight off the national weight gain average of 7-21lbs from October-January! At Good Life Fitness we are here for you:) WE ARE DEDICATED TO YOUR FITNESS SUCCESS!!! Train smart and expect success!! Steve AuxierShare it!
Every Day We Are HONORED To Assist So Many Members With ONE Meal, ONE Workout, ONE Day At A Time!!! Congratulations Lisa Jones On Winning Boot Camper Of The Week!!! Lisa Has Been Attending 5a.m Boot Camp 3-5x Week For A Little Over A Year!!! Lisa Has Dropped OVER 10lbs And 2 Sizes!!! The BEST Part She Looks And Feels GREAT!! Lisa Was Encouraged To Join Good Life Fitness From Her Good Friend Paula Fankhauser!!! GOOOO TEAM!!! Share it!
Introducing Lincoln's #1 Treadmill Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Yes Just One Of The 4 Formats Of Boot Camp That Good Life Fitness Offers. Check Out Our Knockout (Kickboxing) Boot Camp, Crank X (Treadmill/Spinning) Boot Camp And Our Original Tabata Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Tred X Is For All Fitness Levels!! Come Try 1 FREE Week!! Share it!
Wow peer pressure and a bucket full of crabs! Sounds interesting? Peer pressure can be the #1 downfall to a person’s fitness success! Approaching the holiday season you will be put in situations that will test your loyality to sticking with the PLAN! With multiple holiday parties and tempting co-workers you will really have to stick to your guns! Don’t cave in! Be prepared ahead of time! In the fitness world and in life I like to visualize people as crabs. Have you ever noticed a fisherman’s crab bucket has no lid on it? Why? Well when one crab tries to escape the other crabs will pull him down. No crab ever escapes. Dating back to the college days I lived with guys that were constantly trying to get me to fail on my diet. Don’t get me wrong I ate my fair share of pizza and beer, but when I got serious I was 100% committed to the plan! Now while I was cooking up my chicken breast, brown rice, and broccolli, these guys were eating pizza! They constantly ridiculed me trying to get me to fail. Stick to your guns! Remember “No Food Tastes As Good As The Feeling Of Having The Body Of Your Dreams”! I love that line from Bill Phillips! To be successful with your fitness goals stick to the “10th person theory“. Choose your surroundings and friends wisely. Choose 9 other people that are on the same mindset of fitness that you are. This goes for all aspects of your life. The goal is that you will be 1/10 of those successful people! Avoid the crabs in life that will constantly bring you down. Be an optimist!! Dedicated To Your Fitness Success!Share it!
How does one stay focused in achieving their fitness success? I often look at the pioneers of fitness and ponder how do they stay motivated year after year? I wonder what makes them have the daily desire to get better or stay on track? Now everyone is human and we all have little setbacks of motivation but all in all the end result is the goal….to live a healthy and prosperous life! When choosing your fitness path there should be a lot of thought put into what you are striving to do. Working with clients many people are confused in what direction to follow? Fitness is very similar to the weather in Nebraska…constantly changing. Fitness people are sometimes known as “Lilly hoppers” jumping from one program to the next and the end result is NO RESULTS and FRUSTRATION! Have you ever thought about following a GPS to your fitness success? Have you ever consulted with a fitness professional about your fitness plan? Are you tired of just going through motions and still receiving the same results? Will your fitness path be different in 2018? My challenge for you is to step out of your comfort zone and really make 2018 YOUR year! Have you ever thought about all the realms of fitness and what fitness really is? Fitness…what is fitness? Fitness is very broad to so many and is viewed in many different ways. Maybe you are an avid cyclist, avid runner, maybe you are a weight trainer or a group x participant? So, have you ever thought about experimenting with other forms of fitness? Here are a few questions to ask yourself?
- How is my energy..do I feel lathargic? 2. How is my flexibility or joint health? 3. Can I run 1 mile? Can I sprint 100 meters? 4. Is your fitness program balanced with strength and cardiovascular training or out of balance? 5. Have I been in a fitness rut…but afraid to experiment because I am worried about losing what I have gained? 6. Am I winded walking up a flight of stairs? How about carrying laundry up a flight of stairs? 7. Do I drive around looking for front door parking at the gym, the grocery store, or at my job? 8. Do I use a riding lawn mower instead of push mower? 9. Do I use a snow blower because it is easier than shoveling?
- Why do we keep trying the same program layout and the end results are still not there? Have you ever wondered for as long as I can remember why we do weight training first for roughly 30 minutes followed by a cardiovascular exercise for 30-45 minutes? Why is this the norm in commercial gyms?
- Why do we always train the core at the end of the workout when we are already tired..why not first?
- Why is the heart rate our #1 indicator of our intensity or calorie expenditure readings throughout the workout? How about physical exertion or RPE scale?
- Why do we train the largest muscle groups first then following the smaller accessory groups?
- Why do we rest 48 hours in between exercising the same muscle groups? Gymnasts or Easter Bloc countries do not follow these physiology rules?
- Who sets the standard for how much protein is needed to maximize lean muscle synthesis?
- Why do we eat our fruit at end of the meal? Why not first?
- Who really developed the food pyramid? Was there other intentions behind this program?
- Should I do a dynamic stretches Pre-work?
SO Many AMAZING Changes Have Happened At Good Life Fitness Since 2010!! NOW Good Fitness On 84th Highway 2 Has Been OPEN 1 Year!!! WOW Amazing To See The Overwhelming Response From The Members As The 2nd Location Has Been Open! To Help Celebrate Our 1 Year Anniversary For Good Life Fitness SE And We Are Coming To 9 Years Of Being Open On 3rd Van Dorn We Are Having A Special Week At Good Life Fitness!!!! We Are Having a FREE Fitness Classes All Week At BOTH Good Life Fitness Locations!! COME Choose From OVER 160 Fitness Boot Camp/Group Fitness Classes A Week!! NEW Boot Camp Formats, NEW Spinning, NEW 2nd Facility, NEW Indoor/Outdoor Astro Turf, NEW Rowing Machines, Indoor/Outdoor Child Care!! January 2018 Will Be Your BEST Year Ever!! Bring Family, Friends, Neighbors, And Anyone Who Is Wanting To Look And Feel Their Best!!! This Week Is For Everyone Including:
- All PAST Members Of Good Life Fitness Who Might Have Moved OR Want To See The NEW Facility Or Classes Being Offered
- All PAST Guest Pass Members Of Good Life Fitness
- All Current Members Looking To Change Up The Routine For MAXIMUM Results
With the New Year's HERE and fitness is on the minds of EVERYONE!! Making the best decision for your fitness success can sometimes be very stressful. Millions of people will search for personal trainers in studio and in home, join health clubs, and seek the assistance of nutritionist. When shopping for health clubs, boot camps/group fitness programs, and programs that are offered just for a short time frame of 6 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks here are a few questions to consider to help you make the best decision.
- Does the club have month/month memberships? Does The RATE Increase On You YEARLY?!?
- Does the club have 1 year ,2 year OR 3 memberships options? -
- Does the club have sneaky sales promotion to get you in the door to learn it was NOT what you thought?
- Does the club have first/last month dues up front? Does the club have YEARLY improvement fees
- Does the club have high pressure sales with commission driven sales people? Do they call you daily/weekly/monthly?
- Does the club have scenarios if you join now we will waive your initiation fees and other dues only if you join the FIRST day?
- Does the club have hidden facility fees?
- Does the club have cancellation fees?
- Does the club allow children on the weight room floor under 12?
- Does the club allow its members to go shirt less and shoes are not required? Does the club allow members to drop barbells and dumbbells?
- Does the club have the hours available for you and for the child care?
- Does the club have FREE child care?
- Does your club have child care?
- Does your club have lockers/showers?
- Does your club offer enough group fitness or fitness boot camp classes to work for your schedule?
Short term pain for long term gain! In order to achieve what other’s haven’t you must be willing to make sacrifices that others won’t. Unfortunately in the beginning these are short term pain. Every successful fitness transformation requires short term painful sacrifices that really make the major difference in long term success. Here are the Top 7 obstacles to overcome daily! 1. Hitting The Snooze Button- Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars. 2. Exercising In The Morning- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:) 3. Pack Your Lunch- If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) 4. Starting A Fitness Program- Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truly believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:)) 5. Switching Your Food Choices- Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!! 6. Cooking And Grocery Shopping- Yes cooking is a short term pain with long term gains. I know many claim they have limited culinary skills. Another short term pain is cleaning the kitchen and grocery shopping. To look and feel your best I can guarantee you that eating out for your meals will produce NO results of lean sculpted body. Take the extra time and experiment with herbs and spices. Also I highly recommend the cookbook Eating For Life and the Good Life Fitness youtube channel for creative healthy recipes. 7. Fear- Yes FEAR is our #1 killer of long term gains in fitness! Many fear the fact of failure in fitness. It is much easier to use fear as an obstacle to keep you from reaching your potential. Many fear of looking out of place in the gym environment. I highly recommend the group setting of fitness boot camps, group x classes, and also seeking the guidance of a qualified personal trainer. REMEMBER everyone no matter how experienced they are in fitness has felt the fear of the new gym environment. This fear is a short term pain for long term gains. Train smart and expect success!!Share it!