Short term pain for long term gain! In order to achieve what other’s haven’t you must be willing to make sacrifices that others won’t. Unfortunately in the beginning these are short term pain. Every successful fitness transformation requires short term painful sacrifices that really make the major difference in long term success. With the winter months approaching I have 6 obstacles that you must overcome daily:) Here are the Top 6 obstacles to overcome daily! 1. Hitting The Snooze Button– Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars. 2. Exercising at 5a.m- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:) 3. Pack your lunch– If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) At Good Life Fitness we have several avenues to help you. We have the “Shred” food available and also the “Shred” food exchange program!! 4. Starting a fitness program– Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truely believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:)) 5. Switching your food choices– Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Win the battle with your mind. Ask yourself is this a want or a need? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!! 6. Comfort Foods– Our bodies since the beginning of time have been programmed to store fat for survival! Be aware as the cold weather approaches that our bodies are preparing for the winter conditions. The days are getting shorter and your body will start a hibernation mode…food storage and more sleep!! Try to choose soups that are low sodium broth based versus cream style. Increase your green tea to help stabilize blood sugar and to fight off the sugar cravings! BONUS:) Form your support system of friends, co-workers! Let other know your fitness goals and they will hold you accountable! Fight off the national weight gain average of 7-21lbs from October-January! At Good Life Fitness we are here for you:) WE ARE DEDICATED TO YOUR FITNESS SUCCESS!!! Train smart and expect success!! Steve AuxierShare it!
I cannot be more proud of Good Life Fitness boot camper Brandee Garratt. Brandee and Kurtis Doremus have been working together on nutrition for 5 months now and she continues to hit all her progression marks and is never satisfied with the bear minimum. To date, here are just some of her accomplishments: -lost 37.6 pounds -lost 7% body fat -lost 25.77 pounds of body fat -lost 22 1/4 inches total
-Placed 3rd in Good Life Fitness10 week challenge! Keep up the truly inspiring work Brandee!
Good Life Fitness Keeps Getting Better And Better!!! Enrollment Is Open NOW!!! We Would Like To Introduce Our NEW GLF Kids Club Manager Nicole Von Kaenel!!! Nicole Brings OVER 16yrs Teaching Experience Of Children's Physical Education In Our Lincoln Education Systems!!! GLF Kids Club is an after school program focused on giving kids the tools needed to become the healthiest and happiest they can be. Kids will experience both physical and educational activities, planned by a certified Physical Education Teacher with 16 years teaching experience!!!
- Home Work Help- GLF Kids Club offers homework help to school aged students. Children will also receive a healthy and nutritious snack.
- Fitness Activities- Kids will participate in games, fitness challenges, yoga as well as different stations focusing on balance and coordination.
This Fun Filled After School Fitness And Learning Program Is Very EXCITING And Will Be Offered At Good Life Fitness SE Monday-Friday!!!
We Are NOW Accepting Applications For Part Time Kids Club Teachers!!! Additional Questions And All Applications Please Send To Steve@goodlifefit.com SPREAD The Word!!!!Share it!
Introducing Lincoln's #1 Treadmill Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Yes Just One Of The 4 Formats Of Boot Camp That Good Life Fitness Offers. Check Out Our Knockout (Kickboxing) Boot Camp, Crank X (Treadmill/Spinning) Boot Camp And Our Original Tabata Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Tred X Is For All Fitness Levels!! Come Try 1 FREE Week!! Share it!
Wow peer pressure and a bucket full of crabs! Sounds interesting? Peer pressure can be the #1 downfall to a person’s fitness success! Approaching the holiday season you will be put in situations that will test your loyality to sticking with the PLAN! With multiple holiday parties and tempting co-workers you will really have to stick to your guns! Don’t cave in! Be prepared ahead of time! In the fitness world and in life I like to visualize people as crabs. Have you ever noticed a fisherman’s crab bucket has no lid on it? Why? Well when one crab tries to escape the other crabs will pull him down. No crab ever escapes. Dating back to the college days I lived with guys that were constantly trying to get me to fail on my diet. Don’t get me wrong I ate my fair share of pizza and beer, but when I got serious I was 100% committed to the plan! Now while I was cooking up my chicken breast, brown rice, and broccolli, these guys were eating pizza! They constantly ridiculed me trying to get me to fail. Stick to your guns! Remember “No Food Tastes As Good As The Feeling Of Having The Body Of Your Dreams”! I love that line from Bill Phillips! To be successful with your fitness goals stick to the “10th person theory“. Choose your surroundings and friends wisely. Choose 9 other people that are on the same mindset of fitness that you are. This goes for all aspects of your life. The goal is that you will be 1/10 of those successful people! Avoid the crabs in life that will constantly bring you down. Be an optimist!! Dedicated To Your Fitness Success!Share it!
How does one stay focused in achieving their fitness success? I often look at the pioneers of fitness and ponder how do they stay motivated year after year? I wonder what makes them have the daily desire to get better or stay on track? Now everyone is human and we all have little setbacks of motivation but all in all the end result is the goal….to live a healthy and prosperous life! When choosing your fitness path there should be a lot of thought put into what you are striving to do. Working with clients many people are confused in what direction to follow? Fitness is very similar to the weather in Nebraska…constantly changing. Fitness people are sometimes known as “Lilly hoppers” jumping from one program to the next and the end result is NO RESULTS and FRUSTRATION! Have you ever thought about following a GPS to your fitness success? Have you ever consulted with a fitness professional about your fitness plan? Are you tired of just going through motions and still receiving the same results? Will your fitness path be different in 2018? My challenge for you is to step out of your comfort zone and really make 2018 YOUR year! Have you ever thought about all the realms of fitness and what fitness really is? Fitness…what is fitness? Fitness is very broad to so many and is viewed in many different ways. Maybe you are an avid cyclist, avid runner, maybe you are a weight trainer or a group x participant? So, have you ever thought about experimenting with other forms of fitness? Here are a few questions to ask yourself?
- How is my energy..do I feel lathargic? 2. How is my flexibility or joint health? 3. Can I run 1 mile? Can I sprint 100 meters? 4. Is your fitness program balanced with strength and cardiovascular training or out of balance? 5. Have I been in a fitness rut…but afraid to experiment because I am worried about losing what I have gained? 6. Am I winded walking up a flight of stairs? How about carrying laundry up a flight of stairs? 7. Do I drive around looking for front door parking at the gym, the grocery store, or at my job? 8. Do I use a riding lawn mower instead of push mower? 9. Do I use a snow blower because it is easier than shoveling?
- Why do we keep trying the same program layout and the end results are still not there? Have you ever wondered for as long as I can remember why we do weight training first for roughly 30 minutes followed by a cardiovascular exercise for 30-45 minutes? Why is this the norm in commercial gyms?
- Why do we always train the core at the end of the workout when we are already tired..why not first?
- Why is the heart rate our #1 indicator of our intensity or calorie expenditure readings throughout the workout? How about physical exertion or RPE scale?
- Why do we train the largest muscle groups first then following the smaller accessory groups?
- Why do we rest 48 hours in between exercising the same muscle groups? Gymnasts or Easter Bloc countries do not follow these physiology rules?
- Who sets the standard for how much protein is needed to maximize lean muscle synthesis?
- Why do we eat our fruit at end of the meal? Why not first?
- Who really developed the food pyramid? Was there other intentions behind this program?
- Should I do a dynamic stretches Pre-work?