Introducing Lincoln's #1 Treadmill Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Yes Just One Of The 4 Formats Of Boot Camp That Good Life Fitness Offers. Check Out Our Knockout (Kickboxing) Boot Camp, Crank X (Treadmill/Spinning) Boot Camp And Our Original Tabata Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Tred X Is For All Fitness Levels!! Come Try 1 FREE Week!! Share it!
Wow peer pressure and a bucket full of crabs! Sounds interesting? Peer pressure can be the #1 downfall to a person’s fitness success! Approaching the holiday season you will be put in situations that will test your loyality to sticking with the PLAN! With multiple holiday parties and tempting co-workers you will really have to stick to your guns! Don’t cave in! Be prepared ahead of time! In the fitness world and in life I like to visualize people as crabs. Have you ever noticed a fisherman’s crab bucket has no lid on it? Why? Well when one crab tries to escape the other crabs will pull him down. No crab ever escapes. Dating back to the college days I lived with guys that were constantly trying to get me to fail on my diet. Don’t get me wrong I ate my fair share of pizza and beer, but when I got serious I was 100% committed to the plan! Now while I was cooking up my chicken breast, brown rice, and broccolli, these guys were eating pizza! They constantly ridiculed me trying to get me to fail. Stick to your guns! Remember “No Food Tastes As Good As The Feeling Of Having The Body Of Your Dreams”! I love that line from Bill Phillips! To be successful with your fitness goals stick to the “10th person theory“. Choose your surroundings and friends wisely. Choose 9 other people that are on the same mindset of fitness that you are. This goes for all aspects of your life. The goal is that you will be 1/10 of those successful people! Avoid the crabs in life that will constantly bring you down. Be an optimist!! Dedicated To Your Fitness Success!Share it!
How does one stay focused in achieving their fitness success? I often look at the pioneers of fitness and ponder how do they stay motivated year after year? I wonder what makes them have the daily desire to get better or stay on track? Now everyone is human and we all have little setbacks of motivation but all in all the end result is the goal….to live a healthy and prosperous life! When choosing your fitness path there should be a lot of thought put into what you are striving to do. Working with clients many people are confused in what direction to follow? Fitness is very similar to the weather in Nebraska…constantly changing. Fitness people are sometimes known as “Lilly hoppers” jumping from one program to the next and the end result is NO RESULTS and FRUSTRATION! Have you ever thought about following a GPS to your fitness success? Have you ever consulted with a fitness professional about your fitness plan? Are you tired of just going through motions and still receiving the same results? Will your fitness path be different in 2018? My challenge for you is to step out of your comfort zone and really make 2018 YOUR year! Have you ever thought about all the realms of fitness and what fitness really is? Fitness…what is fitness? Fitness is very broad to so many and is viewed in many different ways. Maybe you are an avid cyclist, avid runner, maybe you are a weight trainer or a group x participant? So, have you ever thought about experimenting with other forms of fitness? Here are a few questions to ask yourself?
- How is my energy..do I feel lathargic? 2. How is my flexibility or joint health? 3. Can I run 1 mile? Can I sprint 100 meters? 4. Is your fitness program balanced with strength and cardiovascular training or out of balance? 5. Have I been in a fitness rut…but afraid to experiment because I am worried about losing what I have gained? 6. Am I winded walking up a flight of stairs? How about carrying laundry up a flight of stairs? 7. Do I drive around looking for front door parking at the gym, the grocery store, or at my job? 8. Do I use a riding lawn mower instead of push mower? 9. Do I use a snow blower because it is easier than shoveling?
- Why do we keep trying the same program layout and the end results are still not there? Have you ever wondered for as long as I can remember why we do weight training first for roughly 30 minutes followed by a cardiovascular exercise for 30-45 minutes? Why is this the norm in commercial gyms?
- Why do we always train the core at the end of the workout when we are already tired..why not first?
- Why is the heart rate our #1 indicator of our intensity or calorie expenditure readings throughout the workout? How about physical exertion or RPE scale?
- Why do we train the largest muscle groups first then following the smaller accessory groups?
- Why do we rest 48 hours in between exercising the same muscle groups? Gymnasts or Easter Bloc countries do not follow these physiology rules?
- Who sets the standard for how much protein is needed to maximize lean muscle synthesis?
- Why do we eat our fruit at end of the meal? Why not first?
- Who really developed the food pyramid? Was there other intentions behind this program?
- Should I do a dynamic stretches Pre-work?
Winter time mindless eating. Have you ever watched a shark during a feeding frenzy? It is quite impressive to watch how fast they can consume that much food in such a short amount of time! Does this sound familiar? Watch people on low carbohydrate diets fall off the wagon with the first taste of sweets, people at restaurant buffets, holiday dinners, and special occasions that provide indulging temptations. How do we avoid these messups and how do we recover from these bad situations? Here are some tips that I provide my clients with to recognize triggering temptations and how to get back on track.
- Protein at breakfast. It is very important to start your day with protein and complex carbohydrates. If you calculate the amount of hours from your last meal to breakfast this amounts to at least 8+ hours without any food source. Skipping breakfast will sink you into an fasted state which will cause major cravings later in the day and most importantly a lack of energy causing you to grab that sugar food for fast energy.
- Skipping to many hours between meals. To keep our metabolism at its fullest fat burning potential it is critical to eat on a regular schedule of every 3-4 hours. When we skip to many hours in between meals our body looks for an quick energy source, sugar. This sends our blood sugar on a roller coaster to temptation heaven.
- Fail to plan then plan to fail. Failing to plan out your meals in advance is like operating your computer without McAfee protection. You are setting yourself up for failure and temptations of major marketing campaigns. These campaigns are trying to get you to fail when you are vulnerable. Write and prepare your meals in advance and carry them with you in cooler if needed to keep you bullet proof.
- Fix the tire. If you fall off the bike get back up and try again. If you get a flat tire then fix it. Commonly I see so many people slip up on one meal and totally give up and blow the whole day with bad meals. It is okay, just start over with the next meal.
- Every day is a new day. What happened yesterday is the past. You can not change the past so there is no need to vent about having that bad meal or falling off track. Each day is a new day by bettering yourself with healthy food and exercise. Try to picture each meal and workout laying the foundation of your future health. Be good to your body because where are you going live when you wear your body out from making unhealthy choices?
SO Many AMAZING Changes Have Happened At Good Life Fitness Since 2010!! NOW Good Fitness On 84th Highway 2 Has Been OPEN 1 Year!!! WOW Amazing To See The Overwhelming Response From The Members As The 2nd Location Has Been Open! To Help Celebrate Our 1 Year Anniversary For Good Life Fitness SE And We Are Coming To 9 Years Of Being Open On 3rd Van Dorn We Are Having A Special Week At Good Life Fitness!!!! We Are Having a FREE Fitness Classes All Week At BOTH Good Life Fitness Locations!! COME Choose From OVER 160 Fitness Boot Camp/Group Fitness Classes A Week!! NEW Boot Camp Formats, NEW Spinning, NEW 2nd Facility, NEW Indoor/Outdoor Astro Turf, NEW Rowing Machines, Indoor/Outdoor Child Care!! January 2018 Will Be Your BEST Year Ever!! Bring Family, Friends, Neighbors, And Anyone Who Is Wanting To Look And Feel Their Best!!! This Week Is For Everyone Including:
- All PAST Members Of Good Life Fitness Who Might Have Moved OR Want To See The NEW Facility Or Classes Being Offered
- All PAST Guest Pass Members Of Good Life Fitness
- All Current Members Looking To Change Up The Routine For MAXIMUM Results
With the New Year's HERE and fitness is on the minds of EVERYONE!! Making the best decision for your fitness success can sometimes be very stressful. Millions of people will search for personal trainers in studio and in home, join health clubs, and seek the assistance of nutritionist. When shopping for health clubs, boot camps/group fitness programs, and programs that are offered just for a short time frame of 6 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks here are a few questions to consider to help you make the best decision.
- Does the club have month/month memberships? Does The RATE Increase On You YEARLY?!?
- Does the club have 1 year ,2 year OR 3 memberships options? -
- Does the club have sneaky sales promotion to get you in the door to learn it was NOT what you thought?
- Does the club have first/last month dues up front? Does the club have YEARLY improvement fees
- Does the club have high pressure sales with commission driven sales people? Do they call you daily/weekly/monthly?
- Does the club have scenarios if you join now we will waive your initiation fees and other dues only if you join the FIRST day?
- Does the club have hidden facility fees?
- Does the club have cancellation fees?
- Does the club allow children on the weight room floor under 12?
- Does the club allow its members to go shirt less and shoes are not required? Does the club allow members to drop barbells and dumbbells?
- Does the club have the hours available for you and for the child care?
- Does the club have FREE child care?
- Does your club have child care?
- Does your club have lockers/showers?
- Does your club offer enough group fitness or fitness boot camp classes to work for your schedule?
Goals! Goals, goals, goals, goals, goals and more goals! Yes from the beginning of our lives, we have been taught about setting goals to achieve! I think alot of people have good intentions to succeed, but they just talk about them. In order to succeed you must write daily, weekly, monthly, 6 month, 1 year, and 5 year goals! You must write these goals down! I personally write my goals down on my desk to basically keep me striving both mentally and physically! My former training partner even put my #1 goal on my screen saver of my cell phone!!! Now talk about a reminder!!!! A goals that is not put down on paper is just a DREAM! Afraid Of False Starting! Fitness is very confusing! The fitness community has produced over 10,000 books that proclaim they have the answer to everyone’s problems! Now what about all the fad diets, fad supplements, fad fitness programs! WOW A TON OF CONFUSION!!! I believe that a mass majority of people have confused their bodies and their minds with clutter!! We have to sort through all of the spider webs and start on a proven path of fitness success!! THE ANSWER TO FITNESS IS TO FOLLOW A SOUND FITNESS AND NUTRITIONAL PLAN THAT WILL DELIVER RESULTS FOR REAL PEOPLE!!Share it!