We are SUPER excited to have Erin Spilker as our NEWEST boot camp instructor!!! Erin’s own personal transformation has been INCREDIBLE and her passion to help others succeed is contagious!! Welcome to the Good Life family!!!
AWESOME SAUCE AWARD is going out to Morgan Benes! I have noticed Morgan in the gym…a lot…and working hard in classes and in the gym, so I asked her about her new enthusiasm.
“Well I started because I was tired of being tired all the time and last year when I ran the Glow Run it took me 50 minutes to run 2 miles. I kept thinking of how much I used to lift in high school so I looked for a serious gym so I could get a personal trainer. It hasn’t been easy because I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism so everything has been rough. Losing weight doesn’t happen as easily as it does for normal people. My motivation was just to get healthy, but since I’ve signed up for the Good Life Halfsey I’m focused on crushing it!
Lauren Merchant Glf Trainer has seriously been so helpful and supportive. I couldn’t ask for a better trainer/friend. She’s always pushing me to do better and is running the Good Life Halfsy with me! I don’t think I could stay motivated going to any other gym because everyone is always so eager to help and ask how I am doing and you guys are always encouraging me. I brag about you guys all the time!
I would hope other people who are struggling could look at me and realize they just need to keep pushing because that’s the only way to succeed!”
Morgan also told me today she has had several people tell her how they have been inspired by her and the extra work she’s been putting in! GREAT JOB, Morgan! Keep up the AWESOME work!Share it!
AMAZING job to Maria Bernabe on her 1 year transformation at Good Life Fitness!!
It has been over a year but today I have accomplished one of my goals, as of today I have lost a total of 101 lbs. I feel AMAZING. I still need a few more pounds to go put I WILL get there slowly but surely I would have never thought that I could accomplish such an amazing goal. Thanks to my family, co-workers and friends that believed in me and gave me that positive motivation that I could it. I want to thank Goodlife Fitness for having AMAZING instructors that gave me that energy and motivation to accomplish my goal!!!!!
With today’s busy lifestyles it is not uncommon for fathers to put their own health on the back burner to take care of their families:) I have 7 helpful tips to help fathers look and feel their best:) Please enjoy this special post that is dedicated to all of the wonderful fathers:)
1. Make Time For Yourself- It is the fatherly instinct to take care of your family first and then yourself last. I commonly find fathers putting their health and fitness on the back burners to provide the care for the family-this is a big NO NO. Your family depends on you being healthy and having all your cylinders firing efficiently. So make fitness a priority; IT IS NOT BEING SELFISH!
2. Sit Down And Eat- With our busy lifestyles I commonly find many fathers standing and eating. It is very important that you sit down and take time to eat a balanced meal. I think a great goals is for your meal to last 20 minutes!
3. Don’t Be The Human Garbage Disposal- Mindless eating is a huge killer when trying to get in tip top shape. Be very disciplined when preparing the meals. Many people snack while they are cooking or they eat their children’s left overs when cleaning up. Studies show mindless eating attibutes to 500-1000 extra calories therefore causing a large waist line.
4. Skipping Workouts- It is very important that you are dedicated to your weekly workouts. I recommend combining your cardiovascular and resistance training in one session. If you struggle with your children’s activities then try the morning or over your lunch hour workouts. Studies show a 90% success rate for morning fitness workouts to produce long term fitness consistency.
5. Mini Workouts- Something is better than nothing. Honestly if you are running short on time try doing mini workouts. Go for a interval run that involves sprint/jog intervals. Try incorporating big bodyweight movements like burpees or jump ropes for a 30/15 interval program. Do 30 seconds of intense work followed by 15 seconds of rest.
6. Don’t Skip Breakfast- The most important meal of the day is breakfast . Truthfully one method in the developing stages of a sumo wrestler is to have them skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast will slow the metabolism down.
7. Kick The Diet Soda Habit- Kicking this habit will put you one step closer to dominating the soda and beer gut:)
We are SUPER excited to announce Men’s Fitness magazine has voted Good Life Fitness as the #1 gym in Nebraska and the TOP 50 gyms in America!! As a local owned business this is HUGE as we pride on customer service and working with other local businesses!!! We are HONORED to assist so many people on their fitness journey and no job is more rewarding!!!!!! We would like to thank our members and the city of Lincoln and surrounding communities for their ongoing support!! Last but least we would like to thank our staff who is the #1 in the UNIVERSE for their dedication to assist everyone with ONE MEAL, ONE WORKOUT, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!
The Good Life Fitness “Shred” recipes!!! Yes every Wednesday on Facebook check out the “shred” recipes that are featured by Lauren and Caitlynn. Here are the links plus much much more:)
Lauren GLF Nutritionist https://www.facebook.com/lauren.merchantglfnutritionist?fref=ts
Caitlynn GLF Nutritionist https://www.facebook.com/fuelgoodfeelgood
Slow Cooker apple pie oatmeal you can make overnight while you sleep!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours on low heat
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
1 cup steel cut oats
1 Tbsp flaxseed
4 medium-size apples, peeled and diced
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups water
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir gently to mix ingredients together.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If possible, stir and check oatmeal after 5-6 hours of cooking.
Per Serving (1 cup):
Protein: 7gShare it!