With today’s busy lifestyles it is not uncommon for fathers to put their own health on the back burner to take care of their families:) I have 7 helpful tips to help fathers look and feel their best:) Please enjoy this special post that is dedicated to all of the wonderful fathers:)
1. Make Time For Yourself- It is the fatherly instinct to take care of your family first and then yourself last. I commonly find fathers putting their health and fitness on the back burners to provide the care for the family-this is a big NO NO. Your family depends on you being healthy and having all your cylinders firing efficiently. So make fitness a priority; IT IS NOT BEING SELFISH!
2. Sit Down And Eat- With our busy lifestyles I commonly find many fathers standing and eating. It is very important that you sit down and take time to eat a balanced meal. I think a great goals is for your meal to last 20 minutes!
3. Don’t Be The Human Garbage Disposal- Mindless eating is a huge killer when trying to get in tip top shape. Be very disciplined when preparing the meals. Many people snack while they are cooking or they eat their children’s left overs when cleaning up. Studies show mindless eating attibutes to 500-1000 extra calories therefore causing a large waist line.
4. Skipping Workouts- It is very important that you are dedicated to your weekly workouts. I recommend combining your cardiovascular and resistance training in one session. If you struggle with your children’s activities then try the morning or over your lunch hour workouts. Studies show a 90% success rate for morning fitness workouts to produce long term fitness consistency.
5. Mini Workouts- Something is better than nothing. Honestly if you are running short on time try doing mini workouts. Go for a interval run that involves sprint/jog intervals. Try incorporating big bodyweight movements like burpees or jump ropes for a 30/15 interval program. Do 30 seconds of intense work followed by 15 seconds of rest.
6. Don’t Skip Breakfast- The most important meal of the day is breakfast . Truthfully one method in the developing stages of a sumo wrestler is to have them skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast will slow the metabolism down.
7. Kick The Diet Soda Habit- Kicking this habit will put you one step closer to dominating the soda and beer gut:)