How many hours per day are you spending at the gym and still not getting the results that you want? OVER 55 million people start their fitness journey in January and OVER 65% are done by March!! There are a bunch of reason of reasons for this major drop off.
- Lack Of Results
- Extreme Burnout
- Lack Of Knowledge From Bad Fitness Information
- Muscle And Fiction: How many times have you tried a program from one muscle magazine and noticed zero result? Have you noticed that every fitness magazine advertises bogus claims or the common infomercial that states " If you lose more than 30# in the first 2 weeks then discontinue usage"..hmmm heck yes I take those odd.
- Law Of Diminishing Returns: This common law of economics should not be forgotten. With fitness not necessarily more is better. The longer you spend weight training the more damage that you are doing to the body.
- Skipped Meals: Are you skipping meals or snacks? If so then you are missing one of the most IMPORTANT steps of developing good habits. A catabolic body (muscle wasting) will never produce lean muscle tissue to its fullest potential.
Good Life Fitness Is Lincoln's Premier Health & Fitness Facility!! When looking for a gym in 2019 please ask the following questions:Share it!
- Do you have to sign a long term contract? ( 1 year, 2 year, 3 year) (Not at Good Life Fitness )
- Do you have to pay an initiation fee? (Not at Good Life Fitness)
- Do you have cancellation fees? (Not at Good Life Fitness)
- Do you have certified trainers and nutritionists on staff to help you not only reach your goals, but also teach you the tools to maintain them?(Good Life Fitness has the BEST
- Do you offer group and one on one personal training? (Good Life Fitness does)
- Do you offer metabolic personal training? (Good Life Fitness does)
- Do you offer 30 minute Lunch time classes? (Good Life Fitness does)
- How many fitness classes do you offer per week? (Good Life Fitness offers OVER 160 combined boot camp and fitness classes per week)
- Do you offer free childcare? (Good Life Fitness does)
SUPER Excited To Announce Good Life Fitness Has Won For The 2nd Year In A Row The #1 Health & Fitness Center In The 2018 Best Of Lincoln Survey!! This Is Very Humbling As A Locally Owned And Operated Business Which We Take Great Pride In!! We Are HONORED To Assist EVERY Single Day All The Members Of Good Life Fitness In Lincoln And Surrounding Communities On Their Fitness Journey With ONE Meal, ONE Workout, ONE Day At A Time!! Thank You For Letting Our Staff Assist You All!!
HUGE Thank To The #1 Group Fitness Manager In The WORLD Christy Johnson Glf For Her Gallons Of ENERGY And Dedication To The Staff, Ryan Wright Glf For His AMAZING Dedication To Training The Staff And To Lacy Parsons For Managing An AMAZING Child Care Staff!! #bestloflincoln #fitness #itsallaboutthemembers Thank You!! Steve AuxierShare it!
I cannot be more proud of Good Life Fitness boot camper Brandee Garratt. Brandee and Kurtis Doremus have been working together on nutrition for 5 months now and she continues to hit all her progression marks and is never satisfied with the bear minimum. To date, here are just some of her accomplishments: -lost 37.6 pounds -lost 7% body fat -lost 25.77 pounds of body fat -lost 22 1/4 inches total
-Placed 3rd in Good Life Fitness10 week challenge! Keep up the truly inspiring work Brandee!
TOP 6 Tips To Bust Strength Plateau's!! Lack of strength progression and increasing your physique can be as frustrating as difficulty losing weight and stubborn body fat!! As a former USA Powerlifting coach, I learned so many helpful tips to help my drug free athletes break strength plateaus and set World Records! Here are my top 6 coaching tips to help you break strength plateaus on your core lifts. The core lifts are categorized as (Squats, Bench Press, Deadlift, Power Clean, Hang Clean, Military Press). Plateauing On The Barbell Lifts- The key to progressing your barbell lifts is to make small poundage jumps on the last 2 sets of your repetition scheme! (Ex). If you are using percentage methods for your training I would do the following. Set#4 75% Set#5 77% and even 77.5% . Jump small and expect progression consistently! Never Train To Failure On The Core Lifts- I commonly see the novice lifter doing this. The no pain no gain theory is strictly for hypertrophy (bodybuilding). Training the core lift to failure causes 2 negative reactions in your strength progression. First, training to failure is so stressful on your body that it causes you to require massive rest periods. Second, training to failure can make it very difficult to use proper form and may cause injury. Save training to failure on the accessory movements like tricep, hamstrings, and other movements. Form is the key to progression and sports mastery! Use A Exercise Log- Many successful people in the strength world document many years of training. I use the logs for many reasons. I most frequently use to log to document training phases, mental state of the session, body weight and even detailed nutrition. The log will also help you recognize when your progress is slowing down. Commonly, plateaus will happen to the novice and experienced lifter at weeks 4-6. The log will prevent this. Rotate Your Accessory Exercises– Your accessory exercises are exercises that follow the core lifts. For example dumbbell bench press, lat pulldowns, tricep press downs, leg press, dumbbell bicep curls, upright rows, stiff legged deadlifts, and thousands of others. I recommend rotating these movements every 2 weeks and also changing the repetition of these movements. The rotation of the accessory movements will help your core lifts get stronger and keep your body craving change. Increase your protein and rest- When you feel a strength plateau coming then increase your protein and your rest. The protein requirements for strength athlete are 1.25-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. The key is to evenly space that protein throughout your day. It is crucial that we ingest protein pre/post workout and also at bedtime. Sleep is crucial. Ed Coan, a legend of powerlifting, would sleep at least 10 hours per night. Ed would also nap in the afternoon. The sleep cycle is important for central nervous recovery! Supplement with branched chain amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks for new muscle production. Supplementing with L-glutamine and arginine are crucial to central system recovery! I hope these top 6 tips can benefit you in your strength program. These tips can implemented in all other types of fitness programs as well! REMEMBER NO BRAIN= NO GAINS!!Share it!
Good Life Fitness/Blue Blood Brewery "HONOR The Fallen 5k" Donation! Huge Thank You To Everyone Who Came And Supported The Good Life Fitness/Blue Blood Brewery “ Honor The Fallen”5k!! From All Of Your Support A Donation Of $7,140.41 Was Donated To The Law Enforcement Memorial Fund On Behalf Of Good Life Fitness We Are HONORED To Be Part Of This Wonderful Cause! Mark Your Calendars For May 11th 2019 For The 2nd Annual “Honor The Fallen” 5k Race Early Registration Discounts Will Be Available!! Share it!
Calling All Golfer's!! Check Out This SPECIAL Sports Specific Seminar With Certified Personal Trainers Kurtis Doremus Glf Trainer And Bryant Travis!!! Do you golf with pain? Are you unsure of the specific exercises to help with your hamstring, hips, and shoulder flexibility? This Seminar Will Cover The Following: ***Shoulder/Hip Mobilitiy *** Core Strengthening Exercise ***Golf Specific Exercises To Improve Strength/Stamina *** Q&A Of Specific Exercises To Prevent Injuries LIMITED Spots Are Available!!!! Share it!