TOP 6 Tips To Bust Strength Plateau's!! Lack of strength progression and increasing your physique can be as frustrating as difficulty losing weight and stubborn body fat!! As a former USA Powerlifting coach, I learned so many helpful tips to help my drug free athletes break strength plateaus and set World Records! Here are my top 6 coaching tips to help you break strength plateaus on your core lifts. The core lifts are categorized as (Squats, Bench Press, Deadlift, Power Clean, Hang Clean, Military Press). Plateauing On The Barbell Lifts- The key to progressing your barbell lifts is to make small poundage jumps on the last 2 sets of your repetition scheme! (Ex). If you are using percentage methods for your training I would do the following. Set#4 75% Set#5 77% and even 77.5% . Jump small and expect progression consistently! Never Train To Failure On The Core Lifts- I commonly see the novice lifter doing this. The no pain no gain theory is strictly for hypertrophy (bodybuilding). Training the core lift to failure causes 2 negative reactions in your strength progression. First, training to failure is so stressful on your body that it causes you to require massive rest periods. Second, training to failure can make it very difficult to use proper form and may cause injury. Save training to failure on the accessory movements like tricep, hamstrings, and other movements. Form is the key to progression and sports mastery! Use A Exercise Log- Many successful people in the strength world document many years of training. I use the logs for many reasons. I most frequently use to log to document training phases, mental state of the session, body weight and even detailed nutrition. The log will also help you recognize when your progress is slowing down. Commonly, plateaus will happen to the novice and experienced lifter at weeks 4-6. The log will prevent this. Rotate Your Accessory Exercises– Your accessory exercises are exercises that follow the core lifts. For example dumbbell bench press, lat pulldowns, tricep press downs, leg press, dumbbell bicep curls, upright rows, stiff legged deadlifts, and thousands of others. I recommend rotating these movements every 2 weeks and also changing the repetition of these movements. The rotation of the accessory movements will help your core lifts get stronger and keep your body craving change. Increase your protein and rest- When you feel a strength plateau coming then increase your protein and your rest. The protein requirements for strength athlete are 1.25-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. The key is to evenly space that protein throughout your day. It is crucial that we ingest protein pre/post workout and also at bedtime. Sleep is crucial. Ed Coan, a legend of powerlifting, would sleep at least 10 hours per night. Ed would also nap in the afternoon. The sleep cycle is important for central nervous recovery! Supplement with branched chain amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks for new muscle production. Supplementing with L-glutamine and arginine are crucial to central system recovery! I hope these top 6 tips can benefit you in your strength program. These tips can implemented in all other types of fitness programs as well! REMEMBER NO BRAIN= NO GAINS!!Share it!
Good Life Fitness Keeps Getting Better And Better!!! Enrollment Is Open NOW!!! We Would Like To Introduce Our NEW GLF Kids Club Manager Nicole Von Kaenel!!! Nicole Brings OVER 16yrs Teaching Experience Of Children's Physical Education In Our Lincoln Education Systems!!! GLF Kids Club is an after school program focused on giving kids the tools needed to become the healthiest and happiest they can be. Kids will experience both physical and educational activities, planned by a certified Physical Education Teacher with 16 years teaching experience!!!
- Home Work Help- GLF Kids Club offers homework help to school aged students. Children will also receive a healthy and nutritious snack.
- Fitness Activities- Kids will participate in games, fitness challenges, yoga as well as different stations focusing on balance and coordination.
This Fun Filled After School Fitness And Learning Program Is Very EXCITING And Will Be Offered At Good Life Fitness SE Monday-Friday!!!
We Are NOW Accepting Applications For Part Time Kids Club Teachers!!! Additional Questions And All Applications Please Send To Steve@goodlifefit.com SPREAD The Word!!!!Share it!
Every Day We Are HONORED To Assist So Many Members With ONE Meal, ONE Workout, ONE Day At A Time!!! Congratulations Lisa Jones On Winning Boot Camper Of The Week!!! Lisa Has Been Attending 5a.m Boot Camp 3-5x Week For A Little Over A Year!!! Lisa Has Dropped OVER 10lbs And 2 Sizes!!! The BEST Part She Looks And Feels GREAT!! Lisa Was Encouraged To Join Good Life Fitness From Her Good Friend Paula Fankhauser!!! GOOOO TEAM!!! Share it!
Winter time mindless eating. Have you ever watched a shark during a feeding frenzy? It is quite impressive to watch how fast they can consume that much food in such a short amount of time! Does this sound familiar? Watch people on low carbohydrate diets fall off the wagon with the first taste of sweets, people at restaurant buffets, holiday dinners, and special occasions that provide indulging temptations. How do we avoid these messups and how do we recover from these bad situations? Here are some tips that I provide my clients with to recognize triggering temptations and how to get back on track.
- Protein at breakfast. It is very important to start your day with protein and complex carbohydrates. If you calculate the amount of hours from your last meal to breakfast this amounts to at least 8+ hours without any food source. Skipping breakfast will sink you into an fasted state which will cause major cravings later in the day and most importantly a lack of energy causing you to grab that sugar food for fast energy.
- Skipping to many hours between meals. To keep our metabolism at its fullest fat burning potential it is critical to eat on a regular schedule of every 3-4 hours. When we skip to many hours in between meals our body looks for an quick energy source, sugar. This sends our blood sugar on a roller coaster to temptation heaven.
- Fail to plan then plan to fail. Failing to plan out your meals in advance is like operating your computer without McAfee protection. You are setting yourself up for failure and temptations of major marketing campaigns. These campaigns are trying to get you to fail when you are vulnerable. Write and prepare your meals in advance and carry them with you in cooler if needed to keep you bullet proof.
- Fix the tire. If you fall off the bike get back up and try again. If you get a flat tire then fix it. Commonly I see so many people slip up on one meal and totally give up and blow the whole day with bad meals. It is okay, just start over with the next meal.
- Every day is a new day. What happened yesterday is the past. You can not change the past so there is no need to vent about having that bad meal or falling off track. Each day is a new day by bettering yourself with healthy food and exercise. Try to picture each meal and workout laying the foundation of your future health. Be good to your body because where are you going live when you wear your body out from making unhealthy choices?
SO Many AMAZING Changes Have Happened At Good Life Fitness Since 2010!! NOW Good Fitness On 84th Highway 2 Has Been OPEN 1 Year!!! WOW Amazing To See The Overwhelming Response From The Members As The 2nd Location Has Been Open! To Help Celebrate Our 1 Year Anniversary For Good Life Fitness SE And We Are Coming To 9 Years Of Being Open On 3rd Van Dorn We Are Having A Special Week At Good Life Fitness!!!! We Are Having a FREE Fitness Classes All Week At BOTH Good Life Fitness Locations!! COME Choose From OVER 160 Fitness Boot Camp/Group Fitness Classes A Week!! NEW Boot Camp Formats, NEW Spinning, NEW 2nd Facility, NEW Indoor/Outdoor Astro Turf, NEW Rowing Machines, Indoor/Outdoor Child Care!! January 2018 Will Be Your BEST Year Ever!! Bring Family, Friends, Neighbors, And Anyone Who Is Wanting To Look And Feel Their Best!!! This Week Is For Everyone Including:
- All PAST Members Of Good Life Fitness Who Might Have Moved OR Want To See The NEW Facility Or Classes Being Offered
- All PAST Guest Pass Members Of Good Life Fitness
- All Current Members Looking To Change Up The Routine For MAXIMUM Results
With the New Year's HERE and fitness is on the minds of EVERYONE!! Making the best decision for your fitness success can sometimes be very stressful. Millions of people will search for personal trainers in studio and in home, join health clubs, and seek the assistance of nutritionist. When shopping for health clubs, boot camps/group fitness programs, and programs that are offered just for a short time frame of 6 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks here are a few questions to consider to help you make the best decision.
- Does the club have month/month memberships? Does The RATE Increase On You YEARLY?!?
- Does the club have 1 year ,2 year OR 3 memberships options? -
- Does the club have sneaky sales promotion to get you in the door to learn it was NOT what you thought?
- Does the club have first/last month dues up front? Does the club have YEARLY improvement fees
- Does the club have high pressure sales with commission driven sales people? Do they call you daily/weekly/monthly?
- Does the club have scenarios if you join now we will waive your initiation fees and other dues only if you join the FIRST day?
- Does the club have hidden facility fees?
- Does the club have cancellation fees?
- Does the club allow children on the weight room floor under 12?
- Does the club allow its members to go shirt less and shoes are not required? Does the club allow members to drop barbells and dumbbells?
- Does the club have the hours available for you and for the child care?
- Does the club have FREE child care?
- Does your club have child care?
- Does your club have lockers/showers?
- Does your club offer enough group fitness or fitness boot camp classes to work for your schedule?
Goals! Goals, goals, goals, goals, goals and more goals! Yes from the beginning of our lives, we have been taught about setting goals to achieve! I think alot of people have good intentions to succeed, but they just talk about them. In order to succeed you must write daily, weekly, monthly, 6 month, 1 year, and 5 year goals! You must write these goals down! I personally write my goals down on my desk to basically keep me striving both mentally and physically! My former training partner even put my #1 goal on my screen saver of my cell phone!!! Now talk about a reminder!!!! A goals that is not put down on paper is just a DREAM! Afraid Of False Starting! Fitness is very confusing! The fitness community has produced over 10,000 books that proclaim they have the answer to everyone’s problems! Now what about all the fad diets, fad supplements, fad fitness programs! WOW A TON OF CONFUSION!!! I believe that a mass majority of people have confused their bodies and their minds with clutter!! We have to sort through all of the spider webs and start on a proven path of fitness success!! THE ANSWER TO FITNESS IS TO FOLLOW A SOUND FITNESS AND NUTRITIONAL PLAN THAT WILL DELIVER RESULTS FOR REAL PEOPLE!!Share it!