Support Local Business This Saturday!!! Gift Certificates Are Available!!! With An Overwhelming Response We Have EXTENDED Our HUGE Black Friday Specials To EXTEND Through Sunday At 8p.m. At Both Good Life Fitness Locations!! At Good Life Fitness We Are HONORED To Assist Lincoln And Neighboring Communities And Are Proud Members Of The Lincoln Chamber Of Commerce!! Did You Know That Good Life Fitness Is A Locally Owned And Operated Business Where The Owners Live In Lincoln And Are In The Gyms Everyday!!! We Pride On Being Voted The #1 Health Club In Lincoln, In Nebraska, And Voted TOP 50 Gyms In America!! Support Your Local Business This Saturday!!! Share it!
Due To An OVERWHELMING Response Our HUGE Black Friday Specials Have Been EXTENDED To Sunday At 8p.m.!!!!! YES Join The #1 Gym Nebraska With Our HUGE Black Friday Sales!!! Take Advantage Of HUGE Savings!! Maybe You Are Traveling And Can't Make It In...NO Worry All Specials Can Be Purchased Over The Phone!!! Share it!
A HUGE Thank You To All Of The Members Of Good Life Fitness For Their Dedication, Passion And Bringing Their "A" Games To Get Better Every Single Day With One Meal, One Workout, One Day At A Time!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You To Our Amazing Managers Christy Johnson Glf Ryan Wright Glf Jen Imus And To The ENTIRE Staff For Their Dedication To Helping The Members And The Community Of Lincoln And Surrounding Areas With Achieving Long Term Health And Fitness Success!!! A HUGE Honor To Receive This Award....Thank You For Choosing Your Locally Owned And Operated Good Life Fitness💪
Dedicated To Your Fitness Success! Dave, Jason, Steve And The Entire Staff AweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesomeShare it!
A HUGE Congratulations To All Of The 100 Day Competitors Of The Bryan Health Challenge!!!! 1st Place: Glenda Schnase- Dropped 17 lbs and over 5 inches from her naval!! 2nd Place: Sandy Kirchner- Dropped 15 lbs and dropped 3 inches from her naval! 3rd Place: Jamie Schafer- Dropped 11 lbs and dropped over 1.5 from her naval! We Are HONORED To Assist Glenda, Sandy, and Jamie And The Employees Of Bryan Hospital On Their Fitness Journey At Good Life Fitness Share it!
The other day I was walking around the grocery store and was just shocked how strategically the store was layout. It seems that the average small town grocery store is a thing of the past and are now being replaced with huge super centers. I am now able to do my dry cleaning, banking, drink coffee, eat Mc Donalds, change my oil and even cut my hair all in a grocery store! Well here is the secret…the longer they can keep you in the store the more products you will purchase. With this in mind, I have come up with 10 grocery shopping tips to help us stay on track to reaching your goals.
- Never shop hungry! Have you ever noticed that food that normally is not appealing all of sudden sounds really good? You will be tempted to purchase junk food and what I call “mindless food“. These include chips, crackers, candy bars, and other little snack grabbers. So avoid this at all costs!
- Shop on the outside isles. Over 80% of the foods that you want to eat are on the outside isles of the store. Foods like mixed green salad, lean meats, dairy products, vegetables, and fruits are always located on the outside isles.
- Shop from a grocery list. Use the 30 Day Shredded Diet grocery list. Stick to your list. Over 40 percent of supermarket purchases are made on impulse thinking. Stick to your guns!
- Stay away from the inside isles. Here is a true fact. Grocery stores regulate the heat on the outside isles. They purposely heat in the inside isles more to keep you there longer. The outside is always colder. The inside isles have all of the junk food. Be careful!
- Check out temptations! With children I notice this a ton! As we are stuck in line surrounded by candy bars, lolly pops, beef jerky, energy drinks, magazine tabloids, and other “mindless” foods the temptations rise tremendously! Be careful.
- Choose foods wisely. One rule I live by is that I always choose foods with one ingredient or no label. If you cannot pronounce the ingredients on the package then avoid it. Probably not good for you!
- Hurry Up! Have you ever noticed the music in stores? Supermarkets play down-tempo music to make you move slower and enjoy your shopping experience. Marketing to get you to stay longer!
- Be careful in the cereal isle. Companies pay big money for their prime spots on the shelves. Have you ever noticed that all of the Disney characters are strategically placed at childrens height? They are marketing to your children. Sneaky, huh? Yes the healthy cereals are up high or way low. The fruit snacks are right at eye sight level for children to see also.
- Why is the dairy case clear in the back? Well this is strategically done as well. Normally we are tempted to buy more as we walk to the back of the store. Normally you will leave with more than just milk.
- Online grocery shopping. Have you ever tried to shop with 3 small children screaming and wanting everything in the store? Well it is not pleasant!! My wife found the online grocery shopping experience to be very convenient. A current study showed that people purchased 28% less calorie dense foods when shopping online. Give it a try!
Good Life Fitness now offers sports specific youth training for individual or small group with numbers not exceeding 7. Schedule today your FREE fitness consultation today. Youth Sports Training Program Each child, or group, will have a specific training program specific to their needs as athletes. We will do fitness testing during the first session measuring strength and speed, and then periodically throughout their training program to monitor progress. This program will contain strength, endurance, agility, plyometric and speed training specific to each athlete and sport. Our goal is to use this more individualized training to instill proper technique and enhance skill level in the athlete, so they can carry this on to their sport. AGILITY TRAINING: Agility training as an athlete is very important. From youth athletics all the way up to professional, it is very important. For example, some benefits:
- Aids in injury prevention
- Improve multi-planar coordination
- Increase heart rate and blood flow
- Increase mind-body connection
- Increase bone density
- Increase calories burned while resting
- Increase muscle tone
- Increase explosiveness
- Increase calorie burn
- Improve your VO2 max, or your body’s ability to use oxygen
- Increase your body’s ability to oxidize fat
- Trim time off of your running/sprinting times
- Increase explosiveness
- Increase strength and efficiency of fast twitch muscle fibers
- Improve maximal strength performance
- Increase stamina
- Increase speed and power