Introducing Lincoln's #1 Treadmill Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Yes Just One Of The 4 Formats Of Boot Camp That Good Life Fitness Offers. Check Out Our Knockout (Kickboxing) Boot Camp, Crank X (Treadmill/Spinning) Boot Camp And Our Original Tabata Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Tred X Is For All Fitness Levels!! Come Try 1 FREE Week!! Share it!
Winter time mindless eating. Have you ever watched a shark during a feeding frenzy? It is quite impressive to watch how fast they can consume that much food in such a short amount of time! Does this sound familiar? Watch people on low carbohydrate diets fall off the wagon with the first taste of sweets, people at restaurant buffets, holiday dinners, and special occasions that provide indulging temptations. How do we avoid these messups and how do we recover from these bad situations? Here are some tips that I provide my clients with to recognize triggering temptations and how to get back on track.
- Protein at breakfast. It is very important to start your day with protein and complex carbohydrates. If you calculate the amount of hours from your last meal to breakfast this amounts to at least 8+ hours without any food source. Skipping breakfast will sink you into an fasted state which will cause major cravings later in the day and most importantly a lack of energy causing you to grab that sugar food for fast energy.
- Skipping to many hours between meals. To keep our metabolism at its fullest fat burning potential it is critical to eat on a regular schedule of every 3-4 hours. When we skip to many hours in between meals our body looks for an quick energy source, sugar. This sends our blood sugar on a roller coaster to temptation heaven.
- Fail to plan then plan to fail. Failing to plan out your meals in advance is like operating your computer without McAfee protection. You are setting yourself up for failure and temptations of major marketing campaigns. These campaigns are trying to get you to fail when you are vulnerable. Write and prepare your meals in advance and carry them with you in cooler if needed to keep you bullet proof.
- Fix the tire. If you fall off the bike get back up and try again. If you get a flat tire then fix it. Commonly I see so many people slip up on one meal and totally give up and blow the whole day with bad meals. It is okay, just start over with the next meal.
- Every day is a new day. What happened yesterday is the past. You can not change the past so there is no need to vent about having that bad meal or falling off track. Each day is a new day by bettering yourself with healthy food and exercise. Try to picture each meal and workout laying the foundation of your future health. Be good to your body because where are you going live when you wear your body out from making unhealthy choices?
SO Many AMAZING Changes Have Happened At Good Life Fitness Since 2010!! NOW Good Fitness On 84th Highway 2 Has Been OPEN 1 Year!!! WOW Amazing To See The Overwhelming Response From The Members As The 2nd Location Has Been Open! To Help Celebrate Our 1 Year Anniversary For Good Life Fitness SE And We Are Coming To 9 Years Of Being Open On 3rd Van Dorn We Are Having A Special Week At Good Life Fitness!!!! We Are Having a FREE Fitness Classes All Week At BOTH Good Life Fitness Locations!! COME Choose From OVER 160 Fitness Boot Camp/Group Fitness Classes A Week!! NEW Boot Camp Formats, NEW Spinning, NEW 2nd Facility, NEW Indoor/Outdoor Astro Turf, NEW Rowing Machines, Indoor/Outdoor Child Care!! January 2018 Will Be Your BEST Year Ever!! Bring Family, Friends, Neighbors, And Anyone Who Is Wanting To Look And Feel Their Best!!! This Week Is For Everyone Including:
- All PAST Members Of Good Life Fitness Who Might Have Moved OR Want To See The NEW Facility Or Classes Being Offered
- All PAST Guest Pass Members Of Good Life Fitness
- All Current Members Looking To Change Up The Routine For MAXIMUM Results
With the New Year's HERE and fitness is on the minds of EVERYONE!! Making the best decision for your fitness success can sometimes be very stressful. Millions of people will search for personal trainers in studio and in home, join health clubs, and seek the assistance of nutritionist. When shopping for health clubs, boot camps/group fitness programs, and programs that are offered just for a short time frame of 6 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks here are a few questions to consider to help you make the best decision.
- Does the club have month/month memberships? Does The RATE Increase On You YEARLY?!?
- Does the club have 1 year ,2 year OR 3 memberships options? -
- Does the club have sneaky sales promotion to get you in the door to learn it was NOT what you thought?
- Does the club have first/last month dues up front? Does the club have YEARLY improvement fees
- Does the club have high pressure sales with commission driven sales people? Do they call you daily/weekly/monthly?
- Does the club have scenarios if you join now we will waive your initiation fees and other dues only if you join the FIRST day?
- Does the club have hidden facility fees?
- Does the club have cancellation fees?
- Does the club allow children on the weight room floor under 12?
- Does the club allow its members to go shirt less and shoes are not required? Does the club allow members to drop barbells and dumbbells?
- Does the club have the hours available for you and for the child care?
- Does the club have FREE child care?
- Does your club have child care?
- Does your club have lockers/showers?
- Does your club offer enough group fitness or fitness boot camp classes to work for your schedule?
Due To An OVERWHELMING Response Our HUGE Black Friday Specials Have Been EXTENDED To Sunday At 8p.m.!!!!! YES Join The #1 Gym Nebraska With Our HUGE Black Friday Sales!!! Take Advantage Of HUGE Savings!! Maybe You Are Traveling And Can't Make It In...NO Worry All Specials Can Be Purchased Over The Phone!!! Share it!
Good Life Fitness Rev XX Was A HUGE Success!!! An AWESOME Turnout Of The MOST Dedicated Members In The Universe!!! GREAT Job To All!!! Yes The 1st Annual Rev XX Boot Camp/Spin Class Was A Ton Of FUN!!! Thank You To Jen Lund And Our Entire Staff PLUS Our AWEEEEEEEEEEEEESOME Members For Making This Day A Fun Success!!!!! Share it!
Looking at various studies on obesity, the researchers found several common factors among those who were successful in maintaining their weight loss long term. Check out these top 3 tips.
- Limiting T.V Screen Time- I often hear I do not have enough time to exercise...but funny thing is they can recite the current sit-com show to you. With T.V comes snacking and mindless eating...BE CAREFUL:) The average American population spends 3 hours a day watching T.V. Try and replace this time by taking a walk or going to the gym..
- Maintaining Consistency- Our bodies are creatures of habit. Staying consistent on your daily caloric intake and maintaining consistency with their workouts and nutrition was key. There is no "falling off the wagon".
- Weight Training- The secret is "muscle". Yes NOT huge bulk but muscle. The key for long term bone health, metabolism health, and successful weight management is preserving your muscle. It is the armor of your future success. Exercising with weight a minimum of 3 x week.
So many become FRUSTRATED or EXCITED to see how many calories they are burning during interval, boot camp, and/or group fitness classes!! Check out the tip of the day from Good Life Fitness personal trainer Bryant Travis Tip of the Day: Don't judge the quality of your training off of a device that estimates your caloric expenditure(Cardio equipment, HRM, Garmin, etc.). As they are not exact and can vary with accuracy from workout to workout. These devices use heart rate to determine caloric expenditure. Which makes them fairly accurate when it comes to aerobic exercise, but they can be drastically off when it comes to anaerobic exercise(strength training, sprints, etc.). Heart rate can be manipulated by adrenaline, anxiety, sleep deprivation, drugs and many other variables that do not equate to more calories burned. These devices can be fun and motivating to track your workouts, but do not think just because it says you burned less calories the workout was inferior.Share it!
So many people often ask "what should I do before I workout?". Well....check out the instructors at Good Life Fitness as they reveal their favorite PRE workout nutrition. If you have any questions please schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation.
- Greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. – Christy Johnson
- My go-to is 1 slice whole wheat toast & 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter-Lee Johnson
- Egg whites with 2 eggs. Topped with some salsa and avocado – Brittany Funk
- Just have protein powder in almond milk. – Leah Sveen
- Hard boiled egg, toast with peanut butter, protein bar, or a protein shake an hour before.- Megan Henderson
- Hour or so before is Greek Yogurt and an apple –Katelyn Stevens
- Protein energy balls or a hard boiled egg- Lexee Kuhlman
- Spoonful of peanut butter & half a banana or 2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese. - Amanda Swyers
- 1 Scoop Of Vanilla Protein In 12oz Of Coffee- Steve Auxier
- 3 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 strips turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tbsp all natural almond butter, blue berries- Ryan Wright