Short term pain for long term gain! In order to achieve what other’s haven’t you must be willing to make sacrifices that others won’t. Unfortunately in the beginning these are short term pain. Every successful fitness transformation requires short term painful sacrifices that really make the major difference in long term success. Here are the Top 7 obstacles to overcome daily! 1. Hitting The Snooze Button- Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars. 2. Exercising In The Morning- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:) 3. Pack Your Lunch- If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) 4. Starting A Fitness Program- Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truly believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:)) 5. Switching Your Food Choices- Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!! 6. Cooking And Grocery Shopping- Yes cooking is a short term pain with long term gains. I know many claim they have limited culinary skills. Another short term pain is cleaning the kitchen and grocery shopping. To look and feel your best I can guarantee you that eating out for your meals will produce NO results of lean sculpted body. Take the extra time and experiment with herbs and spices. Also I highly recommend the cookbook Eating For Life and the Good Life Fitness youtube channel for creative healthy recipes. 7. Fear- Yes FEAR is our #1 killer of long term gains in fitness! Many fear the fact of failure in fitness. It is much easier to use fear as an obstacle to keep you from reaching your potential. Many fear of looking out of place in the gym environment. I highly recommend the group setting of fitness boot camps, group x classes, and also seeking the guidance of a qualified personal trainer. REMEMBER everyone no matter how experienced they are in fitness has felt the fear of the new gym environment. This fear is a short term pain for long term gains. Train smart and expect success!!Share it!
You guys.....Check this out! We 💚💚💚 our Members, and can't wait to give back to YOU! December 16th / 8-11am / EAST location only
ALL classes are FREE for all members...both Boot Camp AND Group-X! Bring a non-member with you for FREE week to Good Life Fitness!! Been a member of GLF before...NO worry come try a FREE class or to the gym. Kids Jungle Boot Camp is FREE!Share it!
Due To An OVERWHELMING Response Our HUGE Black Friday Specials Have Been EXTENDED To Sunday At 8p.m.!!!!! YES Join The #1 Gym Nebraska With Our HUGE Black Friday Sales!!! Take Advantage Of HUGE Savings!! Maybe You Are Traveling And Can't Make It In...NO Worry All Specials Can Be Purchased Over The Phone!!! Share it!
TWO Big Changes coming to the schedule at good life fitness n-10sive boot camp! We listen to the members and we thank you for your feedback!! NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE **All changes begin the week of 11-13-17** Synergy X is undergoing some amazing new changes to all classes, ALSO based on member feedback, see attached! THANK YOU to our members for helping us to build the BEST Group Fitness program in Lincoln! Share it!
Looking at various studies on obesity, the researchers found several common factors among those who were successful in maintaining their weight loss long term. Check out these top 3 tips.
- Limiting T.V Screen Time- I often hear I do not have enough time to exercise...but funny thing is they can recite the current sit-com show to you. With T.V comes snacking and mindless eating...BE CAREFUL:) The average American population spends 3 hours a day watching T.V. Try and replace this time by taking a walk or going to the gym..
- Maintaining Consistency- Our bodies are creatures of habit. Staying consistent on your daily caloric intake and maintaining consistency with their workouts and nutrition was key. There is no "falling off the wagon".
- Weight Training- The secret is "muscle". Yes NOT huge bulk but muscle. The key for long term bone health, metabolism health, and successful weight management is preserving your muscle. It is the armor of your future success. Exercising with weight a minimum of 3 x week.
So many people often ask "what should I do before I workout?". Well....check out the instructors at Good Life Fitness as they reveal their favorite PRE workout nutrition. If you have any questions please schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation.
- Greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. – Christy Johnson
- My go-to is 1 slice whole wheat toast & 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter-Lee Johnson
- Egg whites with 2 eggs. Topped with some salsa and avocado – Brittany Funk
- Just have protein powder in almond milk. – Leah Sveen
- Hard boiled egg, toast with peanut butter, protein bar, or a protein shake an hour before.- Megan Henderson
- Hour or so before is Greek Yogurt and an apple –Katelyn Stevens
- Protein energy balls or a hard boiled egg- Lexee Kuhlman
- Spoonful of peanut butter & half a banana or 2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese. - Amanda Swyers
- 1 Scoop Of Vanilla Protein In 12oz Of Coffee- Steve Auxier
- 3 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 strips turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tbsp all natural almond butter, blue berries- Ryan Wright