We are expanding the Group Fitness Staff at good life fitness n-10sive boot camp, and I couldn't be more excited about the changes to come! If you are.....a MEMBER of Good LIfe and think you've got what it takes to hit the stage, PM me now! Some of our best instructors started out as members who loved our classes! If you are.....an INSTRUCTOR at another facility in town, and would like to see what Good Life is all about, PM me too! We are hiring experienced instructors who we can fast track to Instructing at Good Life! Hiring for BOTH locations. Yoga, Spinning, TRX, Cardio, Kickboxing, Boot Camp and Strength classes. Share it!
The other day I was walking around the grocery store and was just shocked how strategically the store was layout. It seems that the average small town grocery store is a thing of the past and are now being replaced with huge super centers. I am now able to do my dry cleaning, banking, drink coffee, eat Mc Donalds, change my oil and even cut my hair all in a grocery store! Well here is the secret…the longer they can keep you in the store the more products you will purchase. With this in mind, I have come up with 10 grocery shopping tips to help us stay on track to reaching your goals.
- Never shop hungry! Have you ever noticed that food that normally is not appealing all of sudden sounds really good? You will be tempted to purchase junk food and what I call “mindless food“. These include chips, crackers, candy bars, and other little snack grabbers. So avoid this at all costs!
- Shop on the outside isles. Over 80% of the foods that you want to eat are on the outside isles of the store. Foods like mixed green salad, lean meats, dairy products, vegetables, and fruits are always located on the outside isles.
- Shop from a grocery list. Use the 30 Day Shredded Diet grocery list. Stick to your list. Over 40 percent of supermarket purchases are made on impulse thinking. Stick to your guns!
- Stay away from the inside isles. Here is a true fact. Grocery stores regulate the heat on the outside isles. They purposely heat in the inside isles more to keep you there longer. The outside is always colder. The inside isles have all of the junk food. Be careful!
- Check out temptations! With children I notice this a ton! As we are stuck in line surrounded by candy bars, lolly pops, beef jerky, energy drinks, magazine tabloids, and other “mindless” foods the temptations rise tremendously! Be careful.
- Choose foods wisely. One rule I live by is that I always choose foods with one ingredient or no label. If you cannot pronounce the ingredients on the package then avoid it. Probably not good for you!
- Hurry Up! Have you ever noticed the music in stores? Supermarkets play down-tempo music to make you move slower and enjoy your shopping experience. Marketing to get you to stay longer!
- Be careful in the cereal isle. Companies pay big money for their prime spots on the shelves. Have you ever noticed that all of the Disney characters are strategically placed at childrens height? They are marketing to your children. Sneaky, huh? Yes the healthy cereals are up high or way low. The fruit snacks are right at eye sight level for children to see also.
- Why is the dairy case clear in the back? Well this is strategically done as well. Normally we are tempted to buy more as we walk to the back of the store. Normally you will leave with more than just milk.
- Online grocery shopping. Have you ever tried to shop with 3 small children screaming and wanting everything in the store? Well it is not pleasant!! My wife found the online grocery shopping experience to be very convenient. A current study showed that people purchased 28% less calorie dense foods when shopping online. Give it a try!
Yes believe it or not but lack of movement is labeled as the "silent killer". If you really look at your daily activity you might find a big majority is "sitting" .Yes we have become a screen viewing society and many just lack movement with a combination of poor nutrition is a DEADLY combo. As you are aware, I’m sure, people who work in an office tend to sit down ALL DAY LONG, and even if they have worked out in the morning (like at your boot camp), they still might be very sedentary during the day. Here’s a typical example: Get up and go to Steve’s boot camp with your day starting at 4:30a.m. If you look at your life schedule with children. It could be even more lack of activity. Driving children to their activities and sitting and watching activities..in general we have become even more inactive the more involved our children become. On the go makes us even more open to grabbing food on the go and foods with preservatives. 4:30a.m -5:00 – SIT in car on way to Good Life Fitness 5:00-6:00am -- Boot Camp at Good Life Fitness 6:00-6:30am – SIT in car going home 6:30-7:30 – ready for work 7:30-8:00 – SIT to go to work 8:00-11:30 – SIT at work 11:30-12:30 – lunch (SIT most of it) 12:30-5:00 SIT at work 5:00-5:30 – SIT on the way home 5:30-bedtime – dinner, SIT to read/watch tv/help kids with homework, e.t.c. That’s 11 hours of sitting, not including the sitting time after 5:30p.m. Lack of activity...YES belly fat and flat butt syndrome:) Amazing when you really break down your daily activity like above. GOALS: Get up and move around through out the day. How about a ergonomic desk that allows you to stand? How about taking a walk or better yet go to the gym over your lunch hour? How about go for a run/walk when your children are at their practices? Your daily goal is 10,000 steps per day!!Share it!
Throughout the years I have witnessed some major life changing transformations. I still have so many questions about peoples struggles with achieving fitness success? Why does fitness have a 65% failure rate at week 12? Why do so many fall into the infomercial traps to only find themselves still looking for the next best thing? Why do so many look to the next supplement or fat burner to fill in the gaps where their nutrition is failing? Maybe we will never know the true answers but this is life long goal of myself and the staff at Good Life Fitness/N-10sive Boot Camps! We are dedicated to our clients fitness success! Have you ever noticed in the local garage sales all of the fitness equipment sitting there? I have known thousands of people who have purchased P90x, Insanity, Bow Flex, treadmills, ellipiticals, and eventually they turn into glorified cloth hangers. Yes it looks easy and convenient but the #1 element is missing…GROUP ACCOUNTABILITY!!I truely believe the #1 element that is missing in many home video workouts is GROUP ACCOUNTABILITY!! Studies show a 225% success rate when people exercise in a group atmosphere! Travis Eckhardt was not new to fitness and like many Travis looked to the famous P90x and Insanity workout to help him take his fitness to the next level. I am HONORED that Travis has shared his personal fitness testimonial and his experience at Good Life Fitness/N-10sive Boot Camps !! Background-Good Life Fitness has been a key element to my fitness transformation. I’ve always been an active individual, playing sports in high school and college. After organized sports ran its course I tried to occupy my free time by working out at the gym or doing P90X or Insanity workouts. The gym allowed me to maintain my current fitness level but never really improve, I simply wasn’t dedicated enough to push myself when no one was looking. P90X and Insanity are great workouts and I was able to see results but it became boring/dull doing the same workout over and over again. I soon found myself not pushing myself, fast forwarding the workout, and finally skipping workouts all together. I never really got completely out of shape all together but I definitely wasn’t pushing myself to improve my fitness level either. Workouts-In late November I joined Good Life Fitness to participate in N10sive boot camps. I was very skeptical at first thinking that the workouts would be a walk in the park. WRONG. It was one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. In fact, a lot of days as I leave the gym I’m thinking to myself that was one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. That is the great thing about this place. Once you show up there is no stop button or slacking off or taking breaks. I also find myself constantly sore which means these workouts are really doing their job. I personally am very competitive by nature and love to set the pace in class if I can but not at the expense of sacrificing form. When Steve talks about “how we can make the workouts harder” I personally think if you have to ask that question you’re not doing them right. Every day is a challenge if you follow the instructions and push yourself. Nutrition-Equally important as the intense workouts is your nutrition plan. Good Life’s nutritionists designed a customized diet for me based on my activity level that included calorie intake per day, what to eat, when to eat, etc…I try and stick to that nutrition plan as close as I can during the week. I certainly have my “cheat days” and have never said “no” to chips and salsa but by avoiding keeping those foods in the house I eat them less frequently. Good Life has also provided us with some great recipes to mix up our meal plan instead of eating the same food every day. I’ve been a big fan of the Myofusion protein that is sold at Good Life and just recently started taking the “Super Charge” pre workout drink that I feel has improved my energy and focus during workouts. I also prefer to work out in the morning because when I do I feel that I have better self control when picking foods to snack on. If I’ve just killed myself on a workout that morning I don’t want to go and offset it by eating something unhealthy. Results– I’ve been a member six months now and my body weight has dropped from 177 lbs to 158 lbs. My body fat % has dropped from 12.5% to 6.6% and I have no intentions of being satisfied. These work outs are addicting, exciting, and always changing. You can’t say the same with a DVD workout. In addition to the results I’ve seen on the scale, the friendships I’ve developed over the past 6 months are equally as rewarding.Share it!
NEW Opportunities Of Part Time Positions NOW Available At Both Good Life Fitness Locations!! Apply At Good Life Fitness 3rd Van Dorn.
- Front Desk Monday-Friday 4pm-7pm
- Front Desk Closer ( Monday-Thursday 7pm-Midnight) ( Friday 7pm-10pm)
- Front Desk Closer ( Saturday/Sunday 4pm-10pm)