Winter time mindless eating. Have you ever watched a shark during a feeding frenzy? It is quite impressive to watch how fast they can consume that much food in such a short amount of time! Does this sound familiar? Watch people on low carbohydrate diets fall off the wagon with the first taste of sweets, people at restaurant buffets, holiday dinners, and special occasions that provide indulging temptations. How do we avoid these messups and how do we recover from these bad situations? Here are some tips that I provide my clients with to recognize triggering temptations and how to get back on track.
- Protein at breakfast. It is very important to start your day with protein and complex carbohydrates. If you calculate the amount of hours from your last meal to breakfast this amounts to at least 8+ hours without any food source. Skipping breakfast will sink you into an fasted state which will cause major cravings later in the day and most importantly a lack of energy causing you to grab that sugar food for fast energy.
- Skipping to many hours between meals. To keep our metabolism at its fullest fat burning potential it is critical to eat on a regular schedule of every 3-4 hours. When we skip to many hours in between meals our body looks for an quick energy source, sugar. This sends our blood sugar on a roller coaster to temptation heaven.
- Fail to plan then plan to fail. Failing to plan out your meals in advance is like operating your computer without McAfee protection. You are setting yourself up for failure and temptations of major marketing campaigns. These campaigns are trying to get you to fail when you are vulnerable. Write and prepare your meals in advance and carry them with you in cooler if needed to keep you bullet proof.
- Fix the tire. If you fall off the bike get back up and try again. If you get a flat tire then fix it. Commonly I see so many people slip up on one meal and totally give up and blow the whole day with bad meals. It is okay, just start over with the next meal.
- Every day is a new day. What happened yesterday is the past. You can not change the past so there is no need to vent about having that bad meal or falling off track. Each day is a new day by bettering yourself with healthy food and exercise. Try to picture each meal and workout laying the foundation of your future health. Be good to your body because where are you going live when you wear your body out from making unhealthy choices?
Yes believe it or not but lack of movement is labeled as the "silent killer". If you really look at your daily activity you might find a big majority is "sitting" .Yes we have become a screen viewing society and many just lack movement with a combination of poor nutrition is a DEADLY combo. As you are aware, I’m sure, people who work in an office tend to sit down ALL DAY LONG, and even if they have worked out in the morning (like at your boot camp), they still might be very sedentary during the day. Here’s a typical example: Get up and go to Steve’s boot camp with your day starting at 4:30a.m. If you look at your life schedule with children. It could be even more lack of activity. Driving children to their activities and sitting and watching activities..in general we have become even more inactive the more involved our children become. On the go makes us even more open to grabbing food on the go and foods with preservatives. 4:30a.m -5:00 – SIT in car on way to Good Life Fitness 5:00-6:00am -- Boot Camp at Good Life Fitness 6:00-6:30am – SIT in car going home 6:30-7:30 – ready for work 7:30-8:00 – SIT to go to work 8:00-11:30 – SIT at work 11:30-12:30 – lunch (SIT most of it) 12:30-5:00 SIT at work 5:00-5:30 – SIT on the way home 5:30-bedtime – dinner, SIT to read/watch tv/help kids with homework, e.t.c. That’s 11 hours of sitting, not including the sitting time after 5:30p.m. Lack of activity...YES belly fat and flat butt syndrome:) Amazing when you really break down your daily activity like above. GOALS: Get up and move around through out the day. How about a ergonomic desk that allows you to stand? How about taking a walk or better yet go to the gym over your lunch hour? How about go for a run/walk when your children are at their practices? Your daily goal is 10,000 steps per day!!Share it!
Lindsay Goodenberger- Client Of Bryant Travis At Good Life Fitness/N-10sive Boot Camps we are dedicated to motivate and educate our clients by improving the quality of their life. Let our certified personal trainers and fat loss specialist custom design your fitness plan specific to your goals!! To maximize your results let one our fat loss specialists custom design your nutrition program with our award winning Shred Nutrition Program. The key to long term health and fitness is to focus on ONE MEAL, ONE WORKOUT, ONE DAY AT A TIME. We help individuals perform at their best, regardless of age or fitness level. We do not implement one standard fitness program for all our clients. With today’s busy lifestyle we realize the need for convenience and bringing fitness right to you. We offer many different types of customized packages to fit your individual needs. If it is a change in your fitness routine or daily accountability, we can provide that extra motivation. Check out our 30 minute metabolic personal training for busy people! Jill Shemek- Client Of Bryant Travis NOW Offering TEAM Training UP To 10 People Our Trainers Specialties Include:
- Senior Resistance Training
- Injury Prevention
- HIIT Interval Training
- Pre/Post New Mom Training
- Company Wellness
- Core Training
- Post Rehabilitation Training
- Sports Specific Youth Training
Joining a gym should not be like buying a cell phone with LONG term contracts and commitments!!! Here Is Why Your Family/Friends Will Love Good Life Fitness!!! Good Life Fitness is unique in that we do NOT have the following commitments:
- EXTRA Fees For Child Care ( All children under 12 are FREE)
- NO 1,2, OR 3 Year Gym Contracts
- NO Rate Increase Once You Join OR Annually
- NO Cancellation OR Buyout Fees To Get Out Of Your Long Term Gym Contracts.
- NO EXTRA Facility Charge To Use Another Location
Good Life Fitness now offers sports specific youth training for individual or small group with numbers not exceeding 7. Schedule today your FREE fitness consultation today. Youth Sports Training Program Each child, or group, will have a specific training program specific to their needs as athletes. We will do fitness testing during the first session measuring strength and speed, and then periodically throughout their training program to monitor progress. This program will contain strength, endurance, agility, plyometric and speed training specific to each athlete and sport. Our goal is to use this more individualized training to instill proper technique and enhance skill level in the athlete, so they can carry this on to their sport. AGILITY TRAINING: Agility training as an athlete is very important. From youth athletics all the way up to professional, it is very important. For example, some benefits:
- Aids in injury prevention
- Improve multi-planar coordination
- Increase heart rate and blood flow
- Increase mind-body connection
- Increase bone density
- Increase calories burned while resting
- Increase muscle tone
- Increase explosiveness
- Increase calorie burn
- Improve your VO2 max, or your body’s ability to use oxygen
- Increase your body’s ability to oxidize fat
- Trim time off of your running/sprinting times
- Increase explosiveness
- Increase strength and efficiency of fast twitch muscle fibers
- Improve maximal strength performance
- Increase stamina
- Increase speed and power
The NEW Good Life Fitness On 84th Highway 2 Is Opening Soon!!! Over 80 Pieces Equipped With Cardio Theatre!! Including 36 Treadmills And A FEW Unique Pieces Below!!! Here Is A Sneak Peak Of The NEW And Unique Cardio Coming That Will Be Coming Soon!!!! Concept 2 Rowers Pre Cor Ellipticals Versa Climbers Free Motion Incline Trainers Sci Fit Rehabilitation Bikes Life Fitness Upright BikesShare it!