Good Life Fitness Rev XX Was A HUGE Success!!! An AWESOME Turnout Of The MOST Dedicated Members In The Universe!!! GREAT Job To All!!! Yes The 1st Annual Rev XX Boot Camp/Spin Class Was A Ton Of FUN!!! Thank You To Jen Lund And Our Entire Staff PLUS Our AWEEEEEEEEEEEEESOME Members For Making This Day A Fun Success!!!!! Share it!
Looking at various studies on obesity, the researchers found several common factors among those who were successful in maintaining their weight loss long term. Check out these top 3 tips.
- Limiting T.V Screen Time- I often hear I do not have enough time to exercise...but funny thing is they can recite the current sit-com show to you. With T.V comes snacking and mindless eating...BE CAREFUL:) The average American population spends 3 hours a day watching T.V. Try and replace this time by taking a walk or going to the gym..
- Maintaining Consistency- Our bodies are creatures of habit. Staying consistent on your daily caloric intake and maintaining consistency with their workouts and nutrition was key. There is no "falling off the wagon".
- Weight Training- The secret is "muscle". Yes NOT huge bulk but muscle. The key for long term bone health, metabolism health, and successful weight management is preserving your muscle. It is the armor of your future success. Exercising with weight a minimum of 3 x week.
So many become FRUSTRATED or EXCITED to see how many calories they are burning during interval, boot camp, and/or group fitness classes!! Check out the tip of the day from Good Life Fitness personal trainer Bryant Travis Tip of the Day: Don't judge the quality of your training off of a device that estimates your caloric expenditure(Cardio equipment, HRM, Garmin, etc.). As they are not exact and can vary with accuracy from workout to workout. These devices use heart rate to determine caloric expenditure. Which makes them fairly accurate when it comes to aerobic exercise, but they can be drastically off when it comes to anaerobic exercise(strength training, sprints, etc.). Heart rate can be manipulated by adrenaline, anxiety, sleep deprivation, drugs and many other variables that do not equate to more calories burned. These devices can be fun and motivating to track your workouts, but do not think just because it says you burned less calories the workout was inferior.Share it!
So many people often ask "what should I do before I workout?". Well....check out the instructors at Good Life Fitness as they reveal their favorite PRE workout nutrition. If you have any questions please schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation.
- Greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. – Christy Johnson
- My go-to is 1 slice whole wheat toast & 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter-Lee Johnson
- Egg whites with 2 eggs. Topped with some salsa and avocado – Brittany Funk
- Just have protein powder in almond milk. – Leah Sveen
- Hard boiled egg, toast with peanut butter, protein bar, or a protein shake an hour before.- Megan Henderson
- Hour or so before is Greek Yogurt and an apple –Katelyn Stevens
- Protein energy balls or a hard boiled egg- Lexee Kuhlman
- Spoonful of peanut butter & half a banana or 2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese. - Amanda Swyers
- 1 Scoop Of Vanilla Protein In 12oz Of Coffee- Steve Auxier
- 3 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 strips turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tbsp all natural almond butter, blue berries- Ryan Wright
Fall is here, colder weather on its' way and YES your motivational and dedication to fitness will be tested to it's max! Check out my TOP tips for Fall motivation to help you stay on track PLUS look and feel your BEST going into 2018!!!
- Support System- Your support system at home, work, and the gym is key to help hold you accountable when the cravings kick in and your motivation drops to hit the gym!!
- Participate In Fitness Challenges- Work challenges, online line and your health club fitness challenges are great ways to hold yourself accountable and set short but yet motivating goals!!
FREE Tanning With All Memberships Is NOW Available With Our HUGE Back To School Membership Specials!! Good Life Fitness Prides On Being Locally Owned/Operated!!! All Specials Include The Following
- UNLIMITED Access To Both Good Life Fitness Locations
- UNLIMITED Tanning
- FREE Child Care
- HUGE Cardio/Weight Room
- HUGE Women's ONLY Fitness Room
- FULL Lockers/Showers/Sauna's
- OVER 90 Pieces Of Cardiovascular Equipment
- NO Contracts
- NO High Pressure Sales
- NO 1, 2 or 3 Year Contracts
- NO Sneaky Sales Gimmicks