How many hours per day are you spending at the gym and still not getting the results that you want? OVER 55 million people start their fitness journey in January and OVER 65% are done by March!! There are a bunch of reason of reasons for this major drop off.
- Lack Of Results
- Extreme Burnout
- Lack Of Knowledge From Bad Fitness Information
- Muscle And Fiction: How many times have you tried a program from one muscle magazine and noticed zero result? Have you noticed that every fitness magazine advertises bogus claims or the common infomercial that states " If you lose more than 30# in the first 2 weeks then discontinue usage"..hmmm heck yes I take those odd.
- Law Of Diminishing Returns: This common law of economics should not be forgotten. With fitness not necessarily more is better. The longer you spend weight training the more damage that you are doing to the body.
- Skipped Meals: Are you skipping meals or snacks? If so then you are missing one of the most IMPORTANT steps of developing good habits. A catabolic body (muscle wasting) will never produce lean muscle tissue to its fullest potential.
Good Life Fitness Is Lincoln's Premier Health & Fitness Facility!! When looking for a gym in 2019 please ask the following questions:Share it!
- Do you have to sign a long term contract? ( 1 year, 2 year, 3 year) (Not at Good Life Fitness )
- Do you have to pay an initiation fee? (Not at Good Life Fitness)
- Do you have cancellation fees? (Not at Good Life Fitness)
- Do you have certified trainers and nutritionists on staff to help you not only reach your goals, but also teach you the tools to maintain them?(Good Life Fitness has the BEST
- Do you offer group and one on one personal training? (Good Life Fitness does)
- Do you offer metabolic personal training? (Good Life Fitness does)
- Do you offer 30 minute Lunch time classes? (Good Life Fitness does)
- How many fitness classes do you offer per week? (Good Life Fitness offers OVER 160 combined boot camp and fitness classes per week)
- Do you offer free childcare? (Good Life Fitness does)
TOP 6 Tips To Bust Strength Plateau's!! Lack of strength progression and increasing your physique can be as frustrating as difficulty losing weight and stubborn body fat!! As a former USA Powerlifting coach, I learned so many helpful tips to help my drug free athletes break strength plateaus and set World Records! Here are my top 6 coaching tips to help you break strength plateaus on your core lifts. The core lifts are categorized as (Squats, Bench Press, Deadlift, Power Clean, Hang Clean, Military Press). Plateauing On The Barbell Lifts- The key to progressing your barbell lifts is to make small poundage jumps on the last 2 sets of your repetition scheme! (Ex). If you are using percentage methods for your training I would do the following. Set#4 75% Set#5 77% and even 77.5% . Jump small and expect progression consistently! Never Train To Failure On The Core Lifts- I commonly see the novice lifter doing this. The no pain no gain theory is strictly for hypertrophy (bodybuilding). Training the core lift to failure causes 2 negative reactions in your strength progression. First, training to failure is so stressful on your body that it causes you to require massive rest periods. Second, training to failure can make it very difficult to use proper form and may cause injury. Save training to failure on the accessory movements like tricep, hamstrings, and other movements. Form is the key to progression and sports mastery! Use A Exercise Log- Many successful people in the strength world document many years of training. I use the logs for many reasons. I most frequently use to log to document training phases, mental state of the session, body weight and even detailed nutrition. The log will also help you recognize when your progress is slowing down. Commonly, plateaus will happen to the novice and experienced lifter at weeks 4-6. The log will prevent this. Rotate Your Accessory Exercises– Your accessory exercises are exercises that follow the core lifts. For example dumbbell bench press, lat pulldowns, tricep press downs, leg press, dumbbell bicep curls, upright rows, stiff legged deadlifts, and thousands of others. I recommend rotating these movements every 2 weeks and also changing the repetition of these movements. The rotation of the accessory movements will help your core lifts get stronger and keep your body craving change. Increase your protein and rest- When you feel a strength plateau coming then increase your protein and your rest. The protein requirements for strength athlete are 1.25-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. The key is to evenly space that protein throughout your day. It is crucial that we ingest protein pre/post workout and also at bedtime. Sleep is crucial. Ed Coan, a legend of powerlifting, would sleep at least 10 hours per night. Ed would also nap in the afternoon. The sleep cycle is important for central nervous recovery! Supplement with branched chain amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks for new muscle production. Supplementing with L-glutamine and arginine are crucial to central system recovery! I hope these top 6 tips can benefit you in your strength program. These tips can implemented in all other types of fitness programs as well! REMEMBER NO BRAIN= NO GAINS!!Share it!
Good Life Fitness Keeps Getting Better And Better!!! Enrollment Is Open NOW!!! We Would Like To Introduce Our NEW GLF Kids Club Manager Nicole Von Kaenel!!! Nicole Brings OVER 16yrs Teaching Experience Of Children's Physical Education In Our Lincoln Education Systems!!! GLF Kids Club is an after school program focused on giving kids the tools needed to become the healthiest and happiest they can be. Kids will experience both physical and educational activities, planned by a certified Physical Education Teacher with 16 years teaching experience!!!
- Home Work Help- GLF Kids Club offers homework help to school aged students. Children will also receive a healthy and nutritious snack.
- Fitness Activities- Kids will participate in games, fitness challenges, yoga as well as different stations focusing on balance and coordination.
This Fun Filled After School Fitness And Learning Program Is Very EXCITING And Will Be Offered At Good Life Fitness SE Monday-Friday!!!
We Are NOW Accepting Applications For Part Time Kids Club Teachers!!! Additional Questions And All Applications Please Send To Steve@goodlifefit.com SPREAD The Word!!!!Share it!
Every Day We Are HONORED To Assist So Many Members With ONE Meal, ONE Workout, ONE Day At A Time!!! Congratulations Lisa Jones On Winning Boot Camper Of The Week!!! Lisa Has Been Attending 5a.m Boot Camp 3-5x Week For A Little Over A Year!!! Lisa Has Dropped OVER 10lbs And 2 Sizes!!! The BEST Part She Looks And Feels GREAT!! Lisa Was Encouraged To Join Good Life Fitness From Her Good Friend Paula Fankhauser!!! GOOOO TEAM!!! Share it!