Paleo, Low Carb, Macro Balance, and so much more can very confusing on the best method or approach for you. Since 1999 over 15,000 nutrition books have been produced with the "answer" to the ever growing obesity epidemic in the United States! At Good Life Fitness we might not have all the answers BUT we pride on educating our members on proper nutrition for LONG term success. Yes we understand there are quicker/shorter methods...BUT that we pride on long term fitness success for our members. At Good Life Fitness we focus on the 3 B's of nutrition....basic meals, balanced meals, and best choices. Schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation today to discuss your goals to help you look and feel your best in 2018!! Share it!
Looking at various studies on obesity, the researchers found several common factors among those who were successful in maintaining their weight loss long term. Check out these top 3 tips.
- Limiting T.V Screen Time- I often hear I do not have enough time to exercise...but funny thing is they can recite the current sit-com show to you. With T.V comes snacking and mindless eating...BE CAREFUL:) The average American population spends 3 hours a day watching T.V. Try and replace this time by taking a walk or going to the gym..
- Maintaining Consistency- Our bodies are creatures of habit. Staying consistent on your daily caloric intake and maintaining consistency with their workouts and nutrition was key. There is no "falling off the wagon".
- Weight Training- The secret is "muscle". Yes NOT huge bulk but muscle. The key for long term bone health, metabolism health, and successful weight management is preserving your muscle. It is the armor of your future success. Exercising with weight a minimum of 3 x week.
So many people often ask "what should I do before I workout?". Well....check out the instructors at Good Life Fitness as they reveal their favorite PRE workout nutrition. If you have any questions please schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation.
- Greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. – Christy Johnson
- My go-to is 1 slice whole wheat toast & 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter-Lee Johnson
- Egg whites with 2 eggs. Topped with some salsa and avocado – Brittany Funk
- Just have protein powder in almond milk. – Leah Sveen
- Hard boiled egg, toast with peanut butter, protein bar, or a protein shake an hour before.- Megan Henderson
- Hour or so before is Greek Yogurt and an apple –Katelyn Stevens
- Protein energy balls or a hard boiled egg- Lexee Kuhlman
- Spoonful of peanut butter & half a banana or 2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese. - Amanda Swyers
- 1 Scoop Of Vanilla Protein In 12oz Of Coffee- Steve Auxier
- 3 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 strips turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tbsp all natural almond butter, blue berries- Ryan Wright
Fall is here, colder weather on its' way and YES your motivational and dedication to fitness will be tested to it's max! Check out my TOP tips for Fall motivation to help you stay on track PLUS look and feel your BEST going into 2018!!!
- Support System- Your support system at home, work, and the gym is key to help hold you accountable when the cravings kick in and your motivation drops to hit the gym!!
- Participate In Fitness Challenges- Work challenges, online line and your health club fitness challenges are great ways to hold yourself accountable and set short but yet motivating goals!!
An AMAZING transformation from Good Life Fitness boot camper!! Audie has been attending 6a.m. N-10sive boot camp several days a week and working with Good Life Fitness nutritionist Dewayne Roth since January!!! Audie has dropped OVER 50lbs!!! Audie's physical transformation is AMAZING!! His ENERGY, His PASSION, And His Internal Transformation Shows!!!! Adding Years To Your Life...And Life To Your Years!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Share it!
Here are the Top 7 obstacles to overcome daily! 1. Hitting The Snooze Button- Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars. 2. Exercising In The Morning- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:) 3. Pack Your Lunch- If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) 4. Starting A Fitness Program- Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truly believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:)) 5. Switching Your Food Choices- Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!! 6. Cooking And Grocery Shopping- Yes cooking is a short term pain with long term gains. I know many claim they have limited culinary skills. Another short term pain is cleaning the kitchen and grocery shopping. To look and feel your best I can guarantee you that eating out for your meals will produce NO results of lean sculpted body. Take the extra time and experiment with herbs and spices. Also I highly recommend the cookbook Eating For Life and TasteofMai.blogspot.com for creative healthy recipes. 7. Fear- Yes FEAR is our #1 killer of long term gains in fitness! Many fear the fact of failure in fitness. It is much easier to use fear as an obstacle to keep you from reaching your potential. Many fear of looking out of place in the gym environment. I highly recommend the group setting of fitness boot camps, group x classes, and also seeking the guidance of a qualified personal trainer. REMEMBER everyone no matter how experienced they are in fitness has felt the fear of the new gym environment. This fear is a short term pain for long term gains.Share it!