Every Day We Are HONORED To Assist So Many Members With ONE Meal, ONE Workout, ONE Day At A Time!!! Congratulations Lisa Jones On Winning Boot Camper Of The Week!!! Lisa Has Been Attending 5a.m Boot Camp 3-5x Week For A Little Over A Year!!! Lisa Has Dropped OVER 10lbs And 2 Sizes!!! The BEST Part She Looks And Feels GREAT!! Lisa Was Encouraged To Join Good Life Fitness From Her Good Friend Paula Fankhauser!!! GOOOO TEAM!!! Share it!
Introducing Lincoln's #1 Treadmill Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Yes Just One Of The 4 Formats Of Boot Camp That Good Life Fitness Offers. Check Out Our Knockout (Kickboxing) Boot Camp, Crank X (Treadmill/Spinning) Boot Camp And Our Original Tabata Boot Camp At Good Life Fitness!!! Tred X Is For All Fitness Levels!! Come Try 1 FREE Week!! Share it!
How does one stay focused in achieving their fitness success? I often look at the pioneers of fitness and ponder how do they stay motivated year after year? I wonder what makes them have the daily desire to get better or stay on track? Now everyone is human and we all have little setbacks of motivation but all in all the end result is the goal….to live a healthy and prosperous life! When choosing your fitness path there should be a lot of thought put into what you are striving to do. Working with clients many people are confused in what direction to follow? Fitness is very similar to the weather in Nebraska…constantly changing. Fitness people are sometimes known as “Lilly hoppers” jumping from one program to the next and the end result is NO RESULTS and FRUSTRATION! Have you ever thought about following a GPS to your fitness success? Have you ever consulted with a fitness professional about your fitness plan? Are you tired of just going through motions and still receiving the same results? Will your fitness path be different in 2018? My challenge for you is to step out of your comfort zone and really make 2018 YOUR year! Have you ever thought about all the realms of fitness and what fitness really is? Fitness…what is fitness? Fitness is very broad to so many and is viewed in many different ways. Maybe you are an avid cyclist, avid runner, maybe you are a weight trainer or a group x participant? So, have you ever thought about experimenting with other forms of fitness? Here are a few questions to ask yourself?
- How is my energy..do I feel lathargic? 2. How is my flexibility or joint health? 3. Can I run 1 mile? Can I sprint 100 meters? 4. Is your fitness program balanced with strength and cardiovascular training or out of balance? 5. Have I been in a fitness rut…but afraid to experiment because I am worried about losing what I have gained? 6. Am I winded walking up a flight of stairs? How about carrying laundry up a flight of stairs? 7. Do I drive around looking for front door parking at the gym, the grocery store, or at my job? 8. Do I use a riding lawn mower instead of push mower? 9. Do I use a snow blower because it is easier than shoveling?
- Why do we keep trying the same program layout and the end results are still not there? Have you ever wondered for as long as I can remember why we do weight training first for roughly 30 minutes followed by a cardiovascular exercise for 30-45 minutes? Why is this the norm in commercial gyms?
- Why do we always train the core at the end of the workout when we are already tired..why not first?
- Why is the heart rate our #1 indicator of our intensity or calorie expenditure readings throughout the workout? How about physical exertion or RPE scale?
- Why do we train the largest muscle groups first then following the smaller accessory groups?
- Why do we rest 48 hours in between exercising the same muscle groups? Gymnasts or Easter Bloc countries do not follow these physiology rules?
- Who sets the standard for how much protein is needed to maximize lean muscle synthesis?
- Why do we eat our fruit at end of the meal? Why not first?
- Who really developed the food pyramid? Was there other intentions behind this program?
- Should I do a dynamic stretches Pre-work?
Short term pain for long term gain! In order to achieve what other’s haven’t you must be willing to make sacrifices that others won’t. Unfortunately in the beginning these are short term pain. Every successful fitness transformation requires short term painful sacrifices that really make the major difference in long term success. TOP tips for surviving the FIRST 21 days of fitness!!!! 1. Hitting The Snooze Button– Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive through or sugar packed breakfast bars. 2. Exercising In The Morning- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:) 3. Pack Your Lunch– If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) 4. Starting A Fitness Program– Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truely believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:)) 5. Switching Your Food Choices– Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!! 6. Cooking And Grocery Shopping- Yes cooking is a short term pain with long term gains. I know many claim they have limited culinary skills. Another short term pain is cleaning the kitchen and grocery shopping. To look and feel your best I can guarantee you that eating out for your meals will produce NO results of lean sculpted body. Take the extra time and experiment with herbs and spices. Also I highly recommend the cookbook Eating For Life and TasteofMai.blogspot.com for creative healthy recipes. 7. Fear– Yes FEAR is our #1 killer of long term gains in fitness! Many fear the fact of failure in fitness. It is much easier to use fear as an obstacle to keep you from reaching your potential. Many fear of looking out of place in the gym environment. I highly recommend the group setting of fitness boot camps, group x classes, and also seeking the guidance of a qualified personal trainer. REMEMBER everyone no matter how experienced they are in fitness has felt the fear of the new gym environment. This fear is a short term pain for long term gains.Share it!
Winter time mindless eating. Have you ever watched a shark during a feeding frenzy? It is quite impressive to watch how fast they can consume that much food in such a short amount of time! Does this sound familiar? Watch people on low carbohydrate diets fall off the wagon with the first taste of sweets, people at restaurant buffets, holiday dinners, and special occasions that provide indulging temptations. How do we avoid these messups and how do we recover from these bad situations? Here are some tips that I provide my clients with to recognize triggering temptations and how to get back on track.
- Protein at breakfast. It is very important to start your day with protein and complex carbohydrates. If you calculate the amount of hours from your last meal to breakfast this amounts to at least 8+ hours without any food source. Skipping breakfast will sink you into an fasted state which will cause major cravings later in the day and most importantly a lack of energy causing you to grab that sugar food for fast energy.
- Skipping to many hours between meals. To keep our metabolism at its fullest fat burning potential it is critical to eat on a regular schedule of every 3-4 hours. When we skip to many hours in between meals our body looks for an quick energy source, sugar. This sends our blood sugar on a roller coaster to temptation heaven.
- Fail to plan then plan to fail. Failing to plan out your meals in advance is like operating your computer without McAfee protection. You are setting yourself up for failure and temptations of major marketing campaigns. These campaigns are trying to get you to fail when you are vulnerable. Write and prepare your meals in advance and carry them with you in cooler if needed to keep you bullet proof.
- Fix the tire. If you fall off the bike get back up and try again. If you get a flat tire then fix it. Commonly I see so many people slip up on one meal and totally give up and blow the whole day with bad meals. It is okay, just start over with the next meal.
- Every day is a new day. What happened yesterday is the past. You can not change the past so there is no need to vent about having that bad meal or falling off track. Each day is a new day by bettering yourself with healthy food and exercise. Try to picture each meal and workout laying the foundation of your future health. Be good to your body because where are you going live when you wear your body out from making unhealthy choices?
Goals! Goals, goals, goals, goals, goals and more goals! Yes from the beginning of our lives, we have been taught about setting goals to achieve! I think alot of people have good intentions to succeed, but they just talk about them. In order to succeed you must write daily, weekly, monthly, 6 month, 1 year, and 5 year goals! You must write these goals down! I personally write my goals down on my desk to basically keep me striving both mentally and physically! My former training partner even put my #1 goal on my screen saver of my cell phone!!! Now talk about a reminder!!!! A goals that is not put down on paper is just a DREAM! Afraid Of False Starting! Fitness is very confusing! The fitness community has produced over 10,000 books that proclaim they have the answer to everyone’s problems! Now what about all the fad diets, fad supplements, fad fitness programs! WOW A TON OF CONFUSION!!! I believe that a mass majority of people have confused their bodies and their minds with clutter!! We have to sort through all of the spider webs and start on a proven path of fitness success!! THE ANSWER TO FITNESS IS TO FOLLOW A SOUND FITNESS AND NUTRITIONAL PLAN THAT WILL DELIVER RESULTS FOR REAL PEOPLE!!Share it!
Due To An OVERWHELMING Response Our HUGE Black Friday Specials Have Been EXTENDED To Sunday At 8p.m.!!!!! YES Join The #1 Gym Nebraska With Our HUGE Black Friday Sales!!! Take Advantage Of HUGE Savings!! Maybe You Are Traveling And Can't Make It In...NO Worry All Specials Can Be Purchased Over The Phone!!! Share it!