YES By Member Popular Request We Are Adding NEW Class Times And YES We Are Bringing Back N-10sive Blast X!! You Request…We Listen!! HONORED To Assist So Many On Their Fitness Journey At Good Life Fitness!! NEW Schedule Starts October 23rd!!
FREE Tanning With All Memberships Is NOW Available With Our HUGE Back To School Membership Specials!! Good Life Fitness Prides On Being Locally Owned/Operated!!!
All Specials Include The Following
- UNLIMITED Access To Both Good Life Fitness Locations
- UNLIMITED Tanning
- FREE Child Care
- HUGE Cardio/Weight Room
- HUGE Women’s ONLY Fitness Room
- FULL Lockers/Showers/Sauna’s
- OVER 90 Pieces Of Cardiovascular Equipment
- NO Contracts
- NO High Pressure Sales
- NO 1, 2 or 3 Year Contracts
- NO Sneaky Sales Gimmicks
YES!! NEW At Good Life Fitness!! Check Out Rev XX At Good Life Fitness South East On 84th Highway 2!!! Couple Can Be Friends, Neighbors, Room Mates….OR Anybody That Is Your 10th Person!!!! A Person That Holds You Accountable!!!
LIMITED Spots Are Available!! FREE For All Members Of Good Life Fitness!!!!
A HUGE Congratulations To All Of The 100 Day Competitors Of The Bryan Health Challenge!!!!
1st Place: Glenda Schnase- Dropped 17 lbs and over 5 inches from her naval!!
2nd Place: Sandy Kirchner- Dropped 15 lbs and dropped 3 inches from her naval!
3rd Place: Jamie Schafer- Dropped 11 lbs and dropped over 1.5 from her naval!
We Are HONORED To Assist Glenda, Sandy, and Jamie And The Employees Of Bryan Hospital On Their Fitness Journey At Good Life Fitness
Here are the Top 7 obstacles to overcome daily!
1. Hitting The Snooze Button– Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars.
2. Exercising In The Morning- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:)
3. Pack Your Lunch– If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:)
4. Starting A Fitness Program– Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truly believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:))
5. Switching Your Food Choices– Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!!
6. Cooking And Grocery Shopping– Yes cooking is a short term pain with long term gains. I know many claim they have limited culinary skills. Another short term pain is cleaning the kitchen and grocery shopping. To look and feel your best I can guarantee you that eating out for your meals will produce NO results of lean sculpted body. Take the extra time and experiment with herbs and spices. Also I highly recommend the cookbook Eating For Life and TasteofMai.blogspot.com for creative healthy recipes.
7. Fear- Yes FEAR is our #1 killer of long term gains in fitness! Many fear the fact of failure in fitness. It is much easier to use fear as an obstacle to keep you from reaching your potential. Many fear of looking out of place in the gym environment. I highly recommend the group setting of fitness boot camps, group x classes, and also seeking the guidance of a qualified personal trainer. REMEMBER everyone no matter how experienced they are in fitness has felt the fear of the new gym environment. This fear is a short term pain for long term gains.Share it!
DO YOU FEEL BLOATED? HOW TO AVOID EXCESSIVE WATER RETENTION
Do you commonly walk around feeling like a bloated Sponge Bob Square Pants? Have you noticed that you can bounce around 3-6 pounds per day? Are you dreading putting the bikini on or taking the shirt off at the pool this summer?!? Have you ever noticed one day you feel EXTRA lean and then some days you feel FLUFFY?!? This is very FRUSTRATING!! I highly recommend that you seek the assistance of our fat loss specialist at Good Life Fitness that will custom make your “Shred” nutrition program to help you look and feel your best for Spring:))
Here are some Summertime tips to help you better understand water retention and how to prevent it.
Our body acts very much like Sponge Bob. If you consume small amounts of water, it is very similar to taking a few drops of water and pouring it on a sponge. What happens? That dehydrated sponge will hold onto that water therefore causing you to look and feel bloated especially in the midsection. Now if you take a fully saturated sponge and pour a gallon of water on it the sponge will absorb it and then overflow the remaining amount. The common thinking is to restrict your water to lose weight, but what happens is the body perceives it and the signal is transmitted saying that you better retain it not knowing when the next water is coming again. This is what makes us feel bloated! Many people commonly will take water pills, detox pills, or other natural herbs trying to alleviate this water retention. These supplements are only a QUICK FIX to a problem that can be cured with proper hydration, water intake, and most important nutrition consistency! When you are bloated you are actually dehydrated. When you have the urge to drink water this is a sign of the first stage of dehydration. Have you ever noticed that all body builders carry a milk jug of water around and they are lean, muscular, and full of energy. Over 70% of America’s population are walking around chronically dehydrated.
How much water should I drink per day? I usually recommend first the following equation. Take your bodyweight/2.2. If you are doing that then your bodyweight x .66 = oz of water per day. Try adding lemon to your water. Common foods to avoid are dairy products ( cottage cheese), flour, excessive bread consumption, high amounts of cereals, frozen meals, lunch meat, salsa’s, spaghetti sauces, canned vegetables and soups, excessive caffeine, alcohol, fast food, chips, and pretzels.
There are foods that have properties to help alleviate water retention. Try and incorporate white fish, spinach, and asparagus to help with excessive water retention!! Another important factor is to not eliminate carbohydrates from your diet…this will cause more problems down the road.
YES tank top, halter top, tube top weather is coming…are you ready?!? Schedule today a FREE personal training/nutrition consultation to help set your fitness goals for Spring!! FREE body composition testing to help with your starting goals!! FREE equipment orientation to answer any questions you have.
Stop by the front desk for more details!