YES By Member Popular Request We Are Adding NEW Class Times And YES We Are Bringing Back N-10sive Blast X!! You Request…We Listen!! HONORED To Assist So Many On Their Fitness Journey At Good Life Fitness!! NEW Schedule Starts October 23rd!!
So many people often ask “what should I do before I workout?”. Well….check out the instructors at Good Life Fitness as they reveal their favorite PRE workout nutrition. If you have any questions please schedule today a FREE nutrition consultation.
- Greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. – Christy Johnson
- My go-to is 1 slice whole wheat toast & 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter-Lee Johnson
- Egg whites with 2 eggs. Topped with some salsa and avocado – Brittany Funk
- Just have protein powder in almond milk. – Leah Sveen
- Hard boiled egg, toast with peanut butter, protein bar, or a protein shake an hour before.- Megan Henderson
- Hour or so before is Greek Yogurt and an apple –Katelyn Stevens
- Protein energy balls or a hard boiled egg- Lexee Kuhlman
- Spoonful of peanut butter & half a banana or 2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese. – Amanda Swyers
- 1 Scoop Of Vanilla Protein In 12oz Of Coffee- Steve Auxier
- 3 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 strips turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tbsp all natural almond butter, blue berries- Ryan Wright
Fall is here, colder weather on its’ way and YES your motivational and dedication to fitness will be tested to it’s max! Check out my TOP tips for Fall motivation to help you stay on track PLUS look and feel your BEST going into 2018!!!
- Support System- Your support system at home, work, and the gym is key to help hold you accountable when the cravings kick in and your motivation drops to hit the gym!!
- Participate In Fitness Challenges- Work challenges, online line and your health club fitness challenges are great ways to hold yourself accountable and set short but yet motivating goals!!
3. H.I.I.T Training- Short but sweet!! Yes to boom up the metabolism, change up the dreaded cardio I would highly recommend H.I.I.T training ( high intensity interval training).
4. Early Morning Workouts- YES short term pain for long term gain!! I highly recommend getting in your workouts before your day gets going and your motivations or EXCUSITIS kicks in:)
5. Track Your Workouts And Keep A Journal- Individuals who have tracked their workouts and nutrition PLUS kept monthly measurements have shown a 90% long term fitness success rate!!
6. Attend A Scheduled Workout– Scheduled meetings and meeting others there are HUGE for success! A scheduled workout with a trainer will hold you accountable and when you feel like staying in bed or skipping the gym these are CRUCIAL for your success!!
YES!! NEW At Good Life Fitness!! Check Out Rev XX At Good Life Fitness South East On 84th Highway 2!!! Couple Can Be Friends, Neighbors, Room Mates….OR Anybody That Is Your 10th Person!!!! A Person That Holds You Accountable!!!
LIMITED Spots Are Available!! FREE For All Members Of Good Life Fitness!!!!
It’s That Time Again!!! Best Of Lincoln Voting!! Please Cast Your Vote For Your Places In Lincoln!! Good Life Fitness Has Made The Final Voting In the BEST Health & Fitness With The BEST Facilities And BEST Service!! We Are HONORED To Assist Lincoln And Surrounding Communities On Their Health And Fitness!! As A Locally Owned/Operated Business We Pride On Customer Service With ONE MEAL, ONE WORKOUT, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!
Thank You For Your Time
Steve Auxier- Good Life Fitness
A HUGE Congratulations To All Of The 100 Day Competitors Of The Bryan Health Challenge!!!!
1st Place: Glenda Schnase- Dropped 17 lbs and over 5 inches from her naval!!
2nd Place: Sandy Kirchner- Dropped 15 lbs and dropped 3 inches from her naval!
3rd Place: Jamie Schafer- Dropped 11 lbs and dropped over 1.5 from her naval!
We Are HONORED To Assist Glenda, Sandy, and Jamie And The Employees Of Bryan Hospital On Their Fitness Journey At Good Life Fitness
Here are the Top 7 obstacles to overcome daily!
1. Hitting The Snooze Button– Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars.
2. Exercising In The Morning- Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:)
3. Pack Your Lunch– If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:)
4. Starting A Fitness Program– Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truly believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:))
5. Switching Your Food Choices– Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!!
6. Cooking And Grocery Shopping– Yes cooking is a short term pain with long term gains. I know many claim they have limited culinary skills. Another short term pain is cleaning the kitchen and grocery shopping. To look and feel your best I can guarantee you that eating out for your meals will produce NO results of lean sculpted body. Take the extra time and experiment with herbs and spices. Also I highly recommend the cookbook Eating For Life and TasteofMai.blogspot.com for creative healthy recipes.
7. Fear- Yes FEAR is our #1 killer of long term gains in fitness! Many fear the fact of failure in fitness. It is much easier to use fear as an obstacle to keep you from reaching your potential. Many fear of looking out of place in the gym environment. I highly recommend the group setting of fitness boot camps, group x classes, and also seeking the guidance of a qualified personal trainer. REMEMBER everyone no matter how experienced they are in fitness has felt the fear of the new gym environment. This fear is a short term pain for long term gains.Share it!