Short term pain for long term gain!
In order to achieve what other’s haven’t you must be willing to make sacrifices that others won’t. Unfortunately in the beginning these are short term pain. Every successful fitness transformation requires short term painful sacrifices that really make the major difference in long term success. With the winter months approaching I have 6 obstacles that you must overcome daily:)
Here are the Top 6 obstacles to overcome daily!
1. Hitting The Snooze Button–
Yes the snooze button in the morning can be your big obstacle. By waking up 10 minutes early each day this can be the deciding factor to give you enough time to eat your balanced out breakfast! No more drive throughs or sugar packed breakfast bars.
2. Exercising at 5a.m-
Studies show a 90% success rate for people that exercise in the early morning before work. If life gets in the way then you must make it a priority no matter what to exercise first thing in the morning. The old saying ” Early bird gets the worm”:)
3. Pack your lunch
– If you try to wing your lunch you will make bad choices that are not on your program. Co-workers and friends can easily influence you with your guard down. Take the extra time each night to prepare your lunch for the following day. Fail to plan to plan to fail:) At Good Life Fitness we have several avenues to help you. We have the “Shred” food available and also the “Shred” food exchange program!!
4. Starting a fitness program–
Yes this is short term pain with long term gains. Everybody struggles in the beginning. Nobody is bullet proof from first time soreness. I truely believe this is mentally tough for exercisers trying to start up again with their fitness program. Nobody likes to be sore or struggling to breath. Our bodies are a creature of habit and will adjust within 2 weeks. Just get through the beginning stages:))
5. Switching your food choices
– Yes we love salt, sugar and fat! Yes the temptations are killers but are you willing to fight through the temptations to get where you want to be? Win the battle with your mind. Ask yourself is this a want or a need? Our bodies are constantly trying to reward and comfort. Set your mindset for cruise control and fight off the battles of temptations! Short term pain for long term gain!!
6. Comfort Foods–
Our bodies since the beginning of time have been programmed to store fat for survival! Be aware as the cold weather approaches that our bodies are preparing for the winter conditions. The days are getting shorter and your body will start a hibernation mode…food storage and more sleep!! Try to choose soups that are low sodium broth based versus cream style. Increase your green tea to help stabilize blood sugar and to fight off the sugar cravings!
Form your support system of friends, co-workers! Let other know your fitness goals and they will hold you accountable! Fight off the national weight gain average of 7-21lbs from October-January! At Good Life Fitness we are here for you:)
WE ARE DEDICATED TO YOUR FITNESS SUCCESS!!!
Train smart and expect success!!
Steve AuxierShare it!